Deadpool 2 - What do you get on International Chimichanga Day?

Might as well start this thread, since we got a bit of a teaser in Logan.

David Leitch directing. 2018.

Also, Zazie Beetz (Atlanta) has been cast as Domino.

At first I wondered why they weren’t letting Tim Miller, who directed the first Deadpool, direct the sequel. But I see now that David Leitch is one of the two main guys responsible for John Wick. Sounds good to me.

But some chick named Zazie Beetz as Dominio? Why aren’t they letting Keira Knightley play the role she originated?

-Tom

Apparently Miller and Reynolds had disagreements (“amicable”, according to both) over the direction of the second movie. With Miller wanting to make a “more stylized” movie (whatever that means) and wanting to focus less on certain Deadpoolish aspects (e.g. 4th wall breaking). Reynolds seems to really grok the character though, so think it will work out best for everybody.

Ladies and gentlemen, Cable:

Works for me. Solid actor, got the build for it. Still can’t imagine what Michael Shannon as Cable would’ve been like.

Wait was Shannon actually in the running to play Cable?

Edit: read the article. Yeah. Shannon would have been pretty interesting.

Cable’s one of my favorite characters - keeping in mind that he was originally modeled after Arnold in Terminator, Josh Brolin is about as good casting as it gets these days. Pretty happy with this - certainly a lot better than Brad Pitt or Pierce Brosnan or even Kyle Chandler (whom I like, but not as Cable).

First image of Domino

The rug is a nice touch.

Cable:

Tactical teddybear?

Speculation is that’s (more) hinting that Hope Summers will be involved or at least referenced.

They really nailed Cable – that’s just perfect. Brolin is perfect. Really looking forward to this one,.

This sucks.

With all the CG, people forget that there are still real human beings risking their lives to make movies.

One for Bob Ross fans…

That is amazing.

Even more amazing is the official movie description:

After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.

Oh man, that’s amazing.

@Left_Empty, now you’ll appreciate this teaser trailer a bit more :-)

And to think a few days ago, that piece of brilliance would have just wuuushed me over the head!

Aaaand there’s the Norman Rockwell turkey dinner painting for a poster. Imagine those showing up everywhere.

This is brilliant. How many movies are allowed to be this weird?

Meet Cable. (NSFW language, of course)