Deadpool 2 - What do you get on International Chimichanga Day?

Yeah, I get that Shatterstar was easy to make fun of, even when initially introduced, but right now that’s such an obvious avenue to go down that it would actually be more amusing if they played the character seriously. I really, really like Josh Brolin as Cable though - that’s as perfect as I ever expected anyone to get that character.

No actor alive has a scrunched up, overly aggressive face to be able to possibly play Shatterstar…except Max Payne. Who technically isn’t alive.

I just know him from the cartoon.

Deadpool looks awesome. Domino looks surprisingly awesome. Peter is, just funny. Shatterstar… the first word that came to my mind when I saw his 3 second shot was ridiculous. I will try to remain hopefull. I really like that character, and he was barely in the animated x-men series.

It’s probably worth noting that 100% of my preexisting knowledge about Rob Liefeld’s comic characters comes from that old blog post mocking his art.

There is nothing else to know. Deadpool didn’t become the 4th wall breaking guy until post Liefeld (and iirc the comedy/parody aspects grew/appearted post Liefeld as well). Every other Liefeld character created you can literally be understood simply by looking at them, because that’s all there is too them.

Yeah, the only recognizable aspects of Deadpool from Liefeld and the original writers (Louise Simonson and Fabian Nicieza) are his costume and he had some snarky dialogue. He was like an evil Spider-man.

Almost everything that people think of when they think of Deadpool (4th wall, over the top humor, blind Al, relationships with other mercs, and even his healing factor) - came from Joe Kelly, who wrote his solo book for the first several years. Joe Kelly is the primary creator of Deadpool’s character and history.

Well Joe Kelly deserves some sort of medal. I shall create him “Lord Burley” and give him estates.

I can’t decide if a Deadpool + Nextwave crossover would be too much, not enough, or even noticeable. For all I know one happened, though (or maybe there was stuff in Marvel Zombies, I wouldn’t know).

FYI Brian Posehn stand up comic and Bert from Big Bang Theory wrote Deadpool for a while.

Yes I have my tickets for the opening weekend.

yes, there are scenes from the movie in it, not a ton, so those avoiding spoilers may not wish to watch. I don’t think it’s much but I don’t actively avoid spoilers either.

That was fun. No way that is Ryan Reynolds in the high heels though.

Yanis Marshall was the dancer.

Damn. Thanks for that. He’s a great dancer.

You can’t tell Celine Dion to crank it down. Beat it Spider-Man!

Almost wish Deadpool was still months off so we could get more awesome promos.

I just saw this on Facebook.

Deadpool marketing is so fun like… by itself… If they never did a movie again, and I hope they will continue with those for a bit, I’d just enjoy these snippet pieces they do… for years.

My thoughts exactly!

Cinnamon is a spice, for those keeping track.

Their marketing team is amazing. Fox movies in stores with new slip covers

Note to Ready Player One marketing team, this is how you do it right.