Deadpool 2 - What do you get on International Chimichanga Day?

I think you’re pretty safe. Anyone who has seen any trailer at all knows there is skydiving.

I’ll just randomly say I appreciated the original soundtrack pieces, too.

Agree to disagree on that one.

Agree with everything here, especially Domino. I could watch an entire movie with just her. That’s someone who takes their luck for granted.

Calm your tits. I’m not going to Google Image Search her and masturbate furiously or anything. Just an expression of appreciation for the actor.

Her super power is luck, isn’t it?

If Domino had been in the Avengers they (SPOILERS for Infinity War -->) would have beaten Thanos.

I watched this afternoon - pretty good, but I would say it’s a clear tier below the latest MCU movies. Maybe ranked third after Logan and Deadpool 1 within the ‘Fox Marvelverse’?

I wish they cut some parts of Act I and expanded on the X-Force more.

Agree with that!

I can’t say much without entering spoiler activity but this isn’t close to the top of m superhero movie list because of some of… that.

Here’s a writer pushing the “superhero fatigue!” meme because DP2 was only the second-highest R-rated movie opening ever.

‘Deadpool 2’ at $125 Million Could Suggest Marvel Box-Office Fatigue Has Come at Last

So tired of that bullshit.

Box Office: ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets New Opening Weekend Record For Comedy Sequel

Quite a contrast actually. This desire to see superhero movies fail makes little sense to me.

Deadpool 2 is R rated and openly comedic which makes it different than the others, plus nothing can really compare to the Avengers line right now since no else spent 10 years building theirs up like that.

Just saw it, it was 8/10 fun, but I enjoyed the first one quite a bit more. The post-credit scenes were awesome, but we were waiting for entire credits to end for some cherry on top and there was nothing there (while there was in the first film, hence the expectations) which is a shame.

I was really surprised at the lack of a post-credit sting, though the mid-credit scene was pretty awesome!
Question is: Is that now the canonical ending or just a gag that they decided to throw in there?

spoiler:

Are Vanessa & Peter still dead?

I believe the director said that’s all canonical.

Went to see the movie yesterday. I was gonna post my thoughts, but @Nesrie already did! Could not agree more. I would absolutely go see a Domino movie, either serious or comedic.

It would be disappointing if it wasn’t. Which is funny, considering that I was complaining when in Avengers it was clear that all those deaths were not gonna stick, while here I am glad they they don’t stick. I guess this stuff just fits better with Deadpool for me.

That about sums up comics fandom right there. We want meaningful stuff, and then we want it fixed.

Spoilers!

When asked whether they worried about being criticized for fridging Cable’s family and Vanessa, Reese tells Vulture, “I would say no, we didn’t even think about it. And that was maybe our mistake, not to think about it. But it didn’t really even occur to us.” Indeed, they weren’t aware of this genre of criticism. “We didn’t know what fridging was,” Reese says.

What the hell is fridging?