Deadwood

Seconded. Thanks dannimal.

Don’t tell Brett Todd but my wife and I rewatched the first season over the past few weeks and I like the show even more than before - and I liked it fine the first time, thanks. I might even buy the DVD just on the off-chance there’s something on the commentary track regarding the finale’s enigmatic Captain Bub.

Nothing about Captain Bub, but the Olyphant/McShane commentary is absolutely hilarious.

GMicek brought the DVD set over this last weekend and we busted out a marathon. What a great show!

Friggin’ awesome. It’s tough to watch the first half of the season. On one hand, Keith Carradine’s Wild Bill is Emmy-winning if there ever was a performance worthy of one, but watching that SNIVELING COCKSUCKER that killed him not get the righteous retribution he so richly deserves is a bummer. The second half though, is even better - thanks in most part to Swearengen. For example, Episode 10 (I believe), when Swearengen interrogates a dope fiend who robbed his shipment of dope:

“Jesus, am I ever going to get the stench out of this room?”

“I-I shit my pants, sir. I just wanted you to be warned before the smell reaches you.”

“Oh. Oh, Jesus! Throw yourself off the fuckin’ balcony.

“Alright, Mr. Swearengen - but I’ll just crawl, if that’s okay with you.”

“Whatever, just fuckin’ remove yourself from this office.”

THUD

“I…I seemed to have injured my arm. It’s okay, though!”

“Stay right fuckin’ there.”

“Alright. I’ll just roll over a little, so as not to get trampled.”

COCKSUCKERS!

[size=6]White Cocksuckers![/size]

I’m glad I taught you that fucking word!

For Deadwood fans: Photos of Deadwood, SD from the 1800’s
http://www.howtobearetronaut.com/2011/04/the-real-wild-west/

Deadwood Reunion Movie ‘Is Going to Happen,’ Promises HBO President

“David has our commitment that we are going to do it,” says Lombardo. “He pitched what he thought generally the storyline would be — and knowing David, that could change. But it’s going to happen.”

The exec says that the revival — which would take the form of a movie versus a limited series — was born out of a “palpable” sense he had that Milch “has something left unsaid” with regard to Deadwood, adding “I’ve known him for a while and it feels like it’s something he’s not done talking about.”

Timing wise, Lombardo says Milch has another project he’s currently working on, “But the understanding is that when he is done with that he will turn his attention to [writing the] script for the Deadwood film.”

Fingers crossed.

Oh yes! I wonder if they will make everyone look younger or advance the story to account for the characters ages.

Guess I will have to rewatch the series, its been so long.

Yeah, if this really happens I’ll definitely need to rewatch it before the movie too.

Glorious news.

I should watch the second and third seasons. I was disappointed with the first season after seeing this recommended to Sopranos fans. It’s probably a good series but not like The Sopranos.

Do it! Deadwood holds up SO WELL.

Seriously. This show is SO FUCKING GOOD. The dialogue in a lot of scenes just blows me away. It sounds like such vulgar filth at first, but then you start realizing how intricate a lot of the conversations are. It took me a couple of times through the series before I finally starting understanding but man, so good. Was always really disappointed that we never got a solid ending to the story. It seems incredible that this is actually going to happen after all this time.

Not a particularly deep example, but one of my favorite scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x04V5R4uZOA

Yeah, that’s a terrific example in a sea of them to select from. I’ve re-watched the series once already (so two total views) but I may well watch it again maybe over this coming summer with my son, whose old enough now to appreciate it.

Not really Deadwood news, but I found this story about Deadwood’s co-creator David Milch pretty fascinating.

Most gamblers limit themselves to modest amounts, and the average American wagers only a few hundred dollars a year. But a small percentage risk everything. Their habit has cost them pain, suffering, embarrassment and debt. They’ve lost houses, property, friendships, dignity, self-respect, the faith of others and perhaps their faith in themselves. They are addicts.

David Milch is one of them.

Judging from the accounts of several men and women who know him well, he is a person of extreme talent but also extreme behavior. Now a lawsuit, which was filed last year and is proceeding in Los Angeles Superior Court in Santa Monica, indicates that he lost $25 million from gambling between 2000 and 2011 alone. Colleagues estimate he has earned more than $100 million across his three-decade Hollywood career, but the lawsuit reveals he is left with $17 million in debts.

Deadwood movie may be getting closer?

Yesssssss , just a proper ending and I will be happy.

Sadly Powers Boothe passed last year, and Jeffrey Jones is a sex offender, other then them the rest of the cast is still out there.

This was from 4 freaking years ago…

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/deadwood-now/