Death Note... the live action movie!

And what a movie it is. It’s only available fansubbed right now, and there’s only one decent translation (the AnimeBW version). But you need to watch it, and watch it right now, even if you’re not already a DN fan. The battle of wits is still just as strong as it is in the anime/manga, and they’ve even changed around some of the plot – to great effect – so as not to spoil the unaired episodes of the anime. It is an excellent flick, and what’s even more surprising is that the plot changes I actually found to be even more brilliant than their counterparts in the manga/anime.

Also, just to note, this is only part 1. Part two aired about a month ago, but I believe it’s a theatrical release only, so we might not see a sub of it for a while. Which is really too bad, especially considering the ending part 1 left us with.

Another good poster.

I doubt it’s going to be as good as Blood Ocean.

Christ, are you a fucking mind reader or something? That’s creepy as hell, Scry. I happened to catch Kurosufaia (pyrokinesis) on Cinemax a few minutes ago, and went “I like this, what else has this guy done? Oh, wow, live action Death Note!” Thirty seconds later, I look at the fucking movies forum, and you’ve got a thread about it.

Seriously, dude. That’s really fucking creepy. You’d better not be sitting in front of a notebook with the words “Quatoria - Creeped Out To Death By Looking At Forum” written in it.

I never specified cause of death.

Read some of the manga, watched the anime and seen the first live action.
They are all entertaining, but the movies move faster through the plot. That’s
actually a good thing, since at least the manga is taking way too long to get to
the point :)

And yet… the fact that you are not dead, but know that quatoria was trying to creep you out means that you somehow knew that he knew you were thinking about the movie.

I’ll definitely check this out btw. Looks like the year of “Death Note” is definitely on.

Man, in that second poster (linked above), the resemblance to the manga character designs is uncanny.

How do they deal with the demon in the movie- CGI, makeup?

The demon is pure CGI, and very well-made.

Excellent casting all round.

Any clues on where to actually get this?

I can PM you a link to the 1440x900 AnimeBW version (just make sure your PC is fast enough to handle video that big, my non-64 bit Athlon XP 3000+ w/ 512 wasn’t, I had to reencode it at 1280x720). Anyone who wants the link, just PM me.

Wait there is an anime too? Anyone PM me a good link to that?

And another thing are there any other movies that this guy did? This one is pretty darn good!

Mine is definitely not :/.

You sure about that? My A64 3500 does it just fine and so does my laptop.

Best anime ever.

Yeah, keep in mind I’ve only 512 megs of ram, and it’s a non-64bit 3000+. What setup do you have extar?

And Angie is right, Death Note is officially the best anime ever :)

Athlon XP 1800+. It’s not really something I have to test out ;).

I watched a few min of the movie and it looks very well done so far. I hope to watch the rest of it tonight and I might even be able to start on a few of the anime.

The pacing of the three is very different, and there is also a difference in what
events they actually show. The manga, anime and movie are like three versions
of the same story :)

I hope to get my filthy hands on the second movie one way or another -
the local import shops seem most likely if it’s had a theatrical release.

Just finished the movie and damn if it isnt good. I really want to get my hands on the second one.

I am gonna check out the anime now and see how that goes.

The anime is even better, in my opinion. It really gets inside the main characters’ heads and shows you how they think and why it’s so difficult for one to outwit the other. There are some amazingly clever parts left out of the movie that would have helped explain things.

And episode 1’s “opera of the pen” is one of the best anime scenes EVAR.