Death Stranding doesn't just have Norman Reedus. It has everyone!

Sooo… basically, this is a package delivery game?

It’s fucking bonkers is what it is.

What did I just watch

So this is who Jamie from Snatcher was modelled after!
But Kojima still can’t afford Sean Connery as a villain yet.

They’re obviously very proud of their CG, but that bit with Léa Seydoux eating the grub is just, wrong.

Coming out this november!

OK, so now he’s got Nicolas Winding Refn in addition to Guillermo del Toro. I still don’t have a clue what the heck this is all about, but I’ll definitely be watching streams of this, it’s too nuts to skip.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1133765964955209730

People have built “Walls” and used to live in isolation. “DEATH STRANDING” is a completely new type of action game, where the player’s goal is to reconnect isolated cities and fragmented society. All elements, including those of history and gameplay, they are bound together by the concept of “Strand”, or connection. As Sam Porter Bridges, you will try to “Bridge” these divisions, and by doing this you will create new links or “Strands” with others. players all over the world.

In the course of your experience with the game, I hope you understand the true importance of bonding with others. Now, enjoy the new Death Stranding trailer”.

And a little more marketing copy available at Death Stranding - PS4 Games | PlayStation - PS4 Games | PlayStation®

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

notlolwutpearuw5

Get it? Get it?

Sam, like Sam Gamgee. Totally.

Wait, “Death” is “stranding” as in “weaving strands”, not as in “Death is stranding you somewhere”. That’s dumb. It’s even more engrishy than I thought.

So the game is a big empty post-apocalyptic landscape you have to traverse by stealthting around monsters to bring back supplies and you can plop objects into the world to help you. And there’s some kind of time travel element thrown in? Plus there’s also passive multiplayer involved of some sort?

It kinda feels like Kojima is making “his” version of Metal Gear Survive.

Obviously his take is batshit insane: a million digitized actors in a billion cutscenes, a 12 Monkeys WWI flasback, a baby you carry around as an extra life(?), Surge-like exoskeletons and some farfetched social message for good measure.

The ability to put ladders and ropes is what I find most interesting, IMO. Music sounds great. Still think this game could go either way.

Watching a trailer for a Kojima game is always a great experience. That was a treat!

Homo Demons?! Fuck yea. Be gay - do crimes.

I think I’m one of the minority that likes Metal Gear Solid best when it’s weird, so this is a day one purchase for me. I don’t think I’m excited about a walking simulator - but I’m in it for the insanity and premium cgi.

That is one of the weirdest games I’ve ever seen that I still have a desire to play.

Don’t shake the baby!

I’m trying understand this game. It’s an open world builder stealth metal gear like, where you have to carry a baby to see/sense evil alien beings from the upside down. You play Norman Reedus and carry a ridiculously sized backpack that produces even more ridiculously sized items like a 25 foot ladder and of course the whole thing will be some metaphor for human existance blah blah blah. Did I sum it up? The story sounds interesting, but the gameplay looks sooooooo terrible and boring.

You failed the Kojima test.