Death Stranding doesn't just have Norman Reedus. It has everyone!

Think I’m most curious about is the dualsense implementation.

I can’t wait!

https://youtu.be/B6Yoozt03sc

Director’s cut? I thought that part of the problem appeal is that the game was already 100% Kojima?

Kojima agrees with you that it’s a bad label.

I’ve got 20 hours in this but haven’t played since the end of May when we started getting ready for our move. I was thinking of playing next week after we get back into a house, but it seems daunting with the layoff. Man I hate when I do this - start something and take a break. I rarely go back and finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV53lnCzP1w

Director’s cut coming to PC.

About 3 cutscenes then :/

That about covers it :-)

and I didn’t go back to it yet…

My one regret in this game was putting so much time and resources into roads.

Dunno if I have it in me to ever play the Director’s Cut.

I think there should have been a special refund rule, like with Cyberpunk.

The idea of a “director’s cut” version of carrying boxes is hilarious to me.

Supposedly you get a little robot that carries the crap for you, which largely obviates the purpose of the game. Also you can ride it around like a cat on a Roomba.

I never actually played this game and am largely interested in Intel’s XeSS.

I did read one review which offered an interesting insight. It went something like “Most games are the same overdone great ideas poorly implemented. Death Stranding is a terrible idea implemented well.”

One kind of funny thing to watch was how Dan Ryckert, notorious Kojima fanboy, absolutely hated Death Stranding when it came out, he’d slam it on Giant Bomb podcasts, twitter etc, then for some reason he gave it another go with the Director’s Cut on PS5, and now he absolutely loves it.

So it changes from a box carrying simulator to a walking simulator?

For PC players, if you already own the base game on Steam the Director’s Cut upgrade will be $10.

Weird note though:

Please note: To receive the upgrade for DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT you must have the DEATH STRANDING base game already installed on your PC. At launch, when you go through to purchase the game from the PC storefront, you will be presented with the upgrade price. If you do not have the DEATH STRANDING base game installed, then you will be presented with the full price.

How can that be true? You either have the license or you don’t, and Steam takes care of that. For the game to be installed, surely they’re looking for a local file which sounds like it’d be easy to cheat.

Maybe the developer has misunderstood something?

Apparently you need a 42GB patch to ‘allow savegame transfer to the Director’s Cut.’ Which I’m not going to buy.

I’m watching what I very much hope is the end of this. I’m in physical pain.