DEATHLOOP by Arkane Lyon

Yeah I know it’s not tied to the amount of time played, but there is no indicator in the game of what level the stress is at and likely the amount of stress is correlated with time played unless you are failing all the time.

I’m just saying I do notice increased amount of enemies, increased awareness of those enemies and more bullet resilient visionaries at least. If that is a meaningful increase probably depends on how skilled of a player you are and how many power ups you have acquired.

Loop stress is the idea that as Visionaries die and the loop gets closer to being broken, the enemies supposedly get more difficult to kill. Every day, it resets to zero when all the Visionaries are resurrected. How would this be any different whether I’ve played 2 hours or 200 hours?

I’m not following what you’re claiming here. Are you saying you’re noticing the game getting more difficult the longer you play it?

-Tom

Maybe he’s having microstrokes as he plays and thus his reflexes and skill degrade over time?

Yeah I’m saying that I’m noticing that I get spotted more easily now than before for example. I sort of assumed loop stress carried over from loop to loop and keeps increasing. I think the tool tip said that dying takes the stress down by a large amount. That implies it carries over in some form - right?

But maybe this is all just perception / coincidence then. Could be down to the fact there are way more Juliana’s on the hunt now. Who knows.

Maybe the game was patched since you started playing it, which changed the game somewhat in those subtle ways?

I’m guessing that based only on my experience playing the Raven game Soldier of Fortune back at launch. You could sit in a spot and snipe enemies to your heart’s content and only the women characters would notice, running around, looking for you to shoot you, but the men would be oblivious. But apparently that bug was fixed later after I finished the game.

Owlcat broke Pathfinder, so I figured I’d fire this up again. Unlocked MP, immediately get invaded and one-shot. Tried to turn off online mode, I guess you can’t.

But you know what I can do? Turn off my wifi.

Fuck you, Arkane.

Aggro’d half the zone trying to get back to my corpse to collect my resdium (fuck Dark Souls) and perma died.

Alt-F4’d.

I think you are suppose to die in a game called Deathloop.

Hmm ok, In the secluded sexy time hideaway , how do you escape after flooding it, I’ve died twice there now in 2 seperate loops, lol. Or are you supposed to die?

If you die, you won’t be able to kill the remaining Visionaries and break the loop! I don’t recall specifically how I got out, but it involved frantically moving upwards.

-Tom

There’s a door on the upper level. I don’t remember the details, but would guess that you need to hack the door. If you achieve your goal quickly enough, the flooding won’t start and you can just explore the level at your leisure. Basically kill the pair quickly, before they have time to flood the place. Easiest to do with Domino.

Picked this up for PS5 on a whim over the weekend. I’m having a good time with it. The concept is cool, although it sounds like the execution is flawed. I’m still very early on - completed the mission where you learn to infuse and get residuum. Then tried to do the mission with the power station. There seems to be a lot to remember - where things are mostly. I’m someone who can barely keep track of his keys, so that’s not great. I like the way things are slowly unfolding. I also like the tension of exploring a level but having to get back to the entrance before your third death. I don’t like no save on exit. I don’t like having to make gameplay decisions based on real world time constraints. I tried invading as Julianna once, but almost immediately fell off a cliff.

Looks like a patch dropped that adds DLSS - glad I held off starting my copy (to be fair, I have FOUR games I’m playing back and forth right now, so I just didn’t have time to start yet and only bought the game at launch to support the developer).

Hmm game seemed to run fine without DLSS. But more options the better. :)

Holy shit. PC games adding support for DualSense controller.

I don’t know why this didn’t occur to me as something that would start happening. That could be cool. (Though the verdict on how cool the DualSense can/will be still seems to be out).

Yeah, I caught that - very interesting. I like using my Xbox Elite controller on my PC and I would be hard pressed to say I’d rather be using the PS5 controller on that system, but if more and more games start taking advantage of the tech I just might give it a try.

11.3 GB patch? WTF.

Thats 1/3 the install size, lol.

Do enemies respawn? Is there a finite number of enemies on each map?

I think finite but not sure

Thats a good question, as I swear I’ve seen more enemies appear after I take out a visionary in a given zone.

I just took out Harriet and a bunch of new enemies appeared in the hangar. But before that, I think they stayed dead and no new ones spawned.