DEATHLOOP by Arkane Lyon

Hey, does everyone start a new loop with a base rarity LIMP-10, a Spring Heeled character trinket, and a Shock Absorber weapon trinket? If so, why would I ever infuse them?

-Tom

Good question, particularly since it’s pretty easy to find the purple LIMP-10 and I’d rather infuse that.

If you infuse them, you can drain them for extra residugoop every single run and still pick up additional ones from the beach level.

Now you tell me! Do you know how many times over I could have recovered the cost by now?

And don’t even get me started on all the residue I missed out on because I wasn’t breaking down every weapon and trinket before the loop cycled.

-Tom

So much resuduuguup! Furfugnuuguun!

Is “content” the stuff you see, or is “content” the stuff that works behind the scenes and the stuff you think about during gameplay?

Content can be measured in gameplay time but is usually influenced by the amount of “objectives”, “quests”, “activities”, “modes” and gameplay space (see level design), etc. It’s wildly variable.

For example: Skyrim has a lot of side quests and the world is huge, taking a long while to move through. That is a lot of content, even if it feels the same. (Like @tomchick mentioned, unless he was inferring about Fallout 76! [OOPS!])

Content is usually not hidden or behind the scenes per se, but sometimes can be. The Great Hollow from Dark Souls is a classic example, or any level that ever needed to be unlocked or found in obscure ways. Although it always has a direct impact of time tax on the player in order for them to consume said content.

However; and this is huge, content can also refer to just the pure amount of “assets”. Like enemy variety and weaponry, but that only augments the above…So when people say a game has a lot of content, I don’t think they are talking about this.

Why is this getting mixed user reviews on Steam?

More regarding steam, can someone tell me what is happening here? It is being excluded when I run a search.

Edit: Nevermind. Somehow the exclude mature content setting was triggered.

Performance issues.

plus Denuovo presence

That tracts

Dishonored 2 always had weirdly stuttery performance on some high-end machines, Denuvo or no, even to this day. I’m guessing this is using an updated version of the same Void engine (which was itself based on id Tech 6)…

Prey used CryEngine.

I was never happy with the Dishonored 2 performance, there was a feeling of not being smooth despite what the framerate said. I don’t know if it was microstutters or judder.

Prey ran much better for me.

Id Tech 5, actually.

Yes, but because people are blaming Denuvo for the performance issues, when it isn’t that clear to me.

edit: An example. Nier Replicant and F1 2021 also had Denuvo and they are ‘very positive’ on Steam.

it is the worst combo, perf issues + denuovo ready to be blamed for it, even if it ain’t the cause

Yeah evidence won’t matter. People are already spreading it as fact.

Digital Foundry:

It does have a simple solution though (don’t use god damn denuovo)

What I read is that the game is designed to run at 60 fps. It actually runs at 60 and 120fps with less issues, if you cap the framerate. It’s related to the engine. Less than 60, more than 120 or any intermediate number, or trying to use GSync, and you will have more stutter.

So I did the arsenal mission to get the seestak verso or whatever it’s called from the complex. I didn’t have enough souls to infuse it so I tried to get some from wherever I went next, but died a few too many times and reset the loop, losing the verso. Now I have to get it again and AFAIK, there’s no way to reset the quest. It was no problem, but I could see having to put the game down for a couple of weeks, coming back and having no idea where the hell it was that verso thing was at.

On PS5 if you turn on raytracing, it runs at 30fps.