Dec. 5th, 2008 Update (PLEASE READ IF YOU TRIED TO REGISTER FOR Qt3)

Some time ago I figured out that I could set up Gmail with keywords to shunt incoming emails into folders. One such folder was for new account requests for the forum. I have been ignoring that folder since, well, August. I suck.

So I went ahead and stirred into the forum all the accounts registered since July. All of them. Every single one. That’s nearly 2000 new accounts, many of them from folks selling penis enlargement pills, folks under 18, and folks from various unsavory corners of the Internet who might post icky pictures and write terrible cuss words. Hopefully, they won’t be here long. If you see stupid posts, posts selling stuff, posts from kids, or any other idiocy, please PM me. I will be closing accounts left and right over the coming days. It will be swift and violent and not very pretty. That’s what you have to do on a wild untamed frontier.

But on the other hand, if you know anyone who wanted to get in, feel free to let him or her know the account is turned on. I’m probably going to work up a form email (again: I suck) to mass send to the addresses in my moribund Qt3 accounts folder. But that gets to sit on the back burner until I figure out how to “Reply All” to the contents of a folder in Gmail. Some of you have emailed and PMed me on behalf of accounts waiting to be switched on, and I apologize for immediately shunting you into the Qt3 accounts email folder as well, where you were promptly ignored (see parenthetical comment in previous sentence).

The basics of getting onto the forum aren’t changed. The criteria for being on the forum aren’t changed. We’re still a small community, but with 2000 new accounts that did an end run around the normal vetting because I suck. But rather than leave folks hanging who’ve been patiently waiting to get in, I figured it would be easier to let everyone in and then close down the bad accounts as they pop up (because, you know, that worked out really well last time).

So welcome to all the folks who’ve registered since July! And to everyone else, apologies in advance for whatever junk got swept in with them…

-Tom

P.S. I suck.

Everytime Tom let the floodgates open, Qt3 is in for exciting times.

I hope Bill D is free, we need to man the gates.

Alternate post title: SPY CHECK! SPY CHECK! SPY CHECK! SPY CHECK! SPY CHECK!

ugh…

Good times.

Oh yeah and its the 4th yo

As a member of the newflood of zerglings may I say…

Thanks?!

Personally, I’m interested to hear from a.

Not to worry, Tom, I’ll be keeping an eye on things, Me and my pal here:

Hooo-boy.

Tom operates outside the normal space-time continuum.

Oh, this’ll be great! C’mon guys, it’s Christmas!

On the bright side, this means Adree got his present.

I, for one, welcome our new /b/tard overlords.

Sequels are often disappointing compared to the originals.

Looking forward to the first introduction thread in the games forum.

For me to poop on.

tl;dr

-Beret

How many was it last time? Is this 2000 around the same, more or less. I need to be able to gauge my expectations.

I look forward to Cleve Blakemore’s new sockpuppet accounts.