Deep Rock Galactic (now out of early access!)

Well, played another 4 hours or so and the only classes I can even tolerate are the scout and the miner because they are less held up by the cave complexity.

I don’t know why, but I’m getting turned around way too much, and the the caves are just stupid, particularly on solo, in verticallness.

Playing with others, maybe I just have a fondness for EA, but people are just spreading out, and it’s rare that you get classes that are working together.

And did I say I hate the engineer? God I hate the engineer and it’s at level 19 and I really want to get it to 20 and it’s just not happening because I suck so bad when playing the engineer.

Oh well. At least in my memory it was fun.

The mobility aspect is the biggest thing that encourages multiplayer. Having a combination of movement tools makes things so much faster and easier. I’ve only played a few solo missions but I imagine I’d get bored quickly if just playing solo. It’s just not the same game without the teamwork.

Just unlocked the submachine guns for the scout. SO HAPPY. I was not thrilled with the shotgun at all, this is WAY more my speed.

Two hours in this game rules.

Are there people playing regularly?

I am on a few hours a week, usually around 7-11pm eastern. Random days depending on my work schedule.

I’ll look for you if I manage to get on later, if you’re up for some company.

Yep I will be on tonight, up till at least 10pm, gotta work the weekend sadly.

Do you have a preferred class?

I’m highest rank in Gunner but I fooled around a bit with Engineer. I’m not very far along so I may be well behind you in level progression. That may present problems, I suppose.

Not at all, as long as you can tag along in a hazard 3 mission, you should be fine with any class really.

I might be picking it up. I would have ages ago, but don’t think it’s a game I will play solo (did in beta) and want sure if have anyone to play with

Hmm, I’ve never done anything harder than Hazard 2 so maybe I need to play a bit more in solo mode…

What experience do you have in FPS?
Quake, Halo, Call of Duty? Destiny, Half Life? Whatever.

The game is fairly easy if you have played a few other FPS, Hazard 3 is very doable even when you have little experience.

It’s not a question of whether I can manage, but a case of how stressful it is.

Man, what in the fuck.

I’m glad neither this nor my previous try at this mission when I kept inexplicably sliding off engineer platforms while desperately trying to get out and ended up being overwhelmed by bugs because the engineer gun sucks major ass (and my two pub teammates deserted me) were my first and second introductions to the game, because I’d really be rethinking my purchase!

:)

Gotta jump!

@Papageno @Kolbex , I am on if anyone wants to play.

My steam name is kaptain_kolbey, FYI. Feel free to add me.

I couldn’t jump, though. It was a lot further away from the nearest land than that pic makes it look.

Any European (or at least same time zone) players? My username is the same, but without the underscore.

I play with a couple of old friends a few times a week and we regularly need a fourth. Usually some time between 9-12 eastern time. I’m Thrag on steam too. Feel free to friend me and join if you see me playing. We should be getting our next game on this Thursday.

Does anyone know if only friends of the host can join a private game, or friends of any player? Since my gaming buddies and I are geographically distributed usually the most centrally located one of us hosts.

I should say also for those hesitant to play with randoms, my experiences opening up to a public fourth have been completely positive. My one friend who plays a lot of random games reports the random population largely seems to be nice team minded players.

There are a lot of "Thrag"s on Steam. You may want to post your Steam friend code!

Is DRG Steam cross play with the Windows Store version?