Deep Rock Galactic (now out of early access!)

Not if you forget the key to use them, which I still forget, isn’t it the call molly key?

I think I need to play each mission type solo to understand what the heck is going on.

I played this mission where you don’t even have molly, but rather a kind of static base you return to with 4 turrets. Everyone seemed to go out on their own to find and gather specific resources. I was totally clueless and didn’t know what I was suppose to do.

The assignment you get at the beginning with the 9 missions runs you through each type. You do indeed have to bring stuff back to that point. I mean, if you did it on your own, you wouldn’t know what to look for any better, and you wouldn’t even have teammates to go by. Just follow and watch what they’re collecting.

There’s also a miners manual in the escape menu that explains each mission type. Thank God. We had to get some seed that must be a new thing.

I accidentally joined a Hazard 4. That was a mistake. I got incapped an absurd amount of times. We still won though as there were some clutch players.

One of the tactics though with one of the carries I learned is staying in the middle of zipline as you can toggle back and forth. I guess only flying and ranged bugs can get you there, because at one point the entire area was just swarming with bugs with one of the guys stayed on the zip line to hold out until the drop pod landed.

I unlocked the Gunners autocannon. Holy shit it feels way better now. Instant gratification firing solution versus the mini-guns slow wind-up and crippling pace (which ‘feels’ almost exactly like playing a Heavy in TFC but always without the medic which sucks) .

Not sure why I would ever go back to that.

I feel the same way about the Scout’s amazing bolt action rifle. Not sure why I’d ever go back to the assault rifle.

I just got the assignment to unlock the Scots other primary weapon.

I put a bunch of hours in this week and discovered there are very different cave systems. There was one where all the minerals were very high up along walls with zero footing. By the end we had this intricate zipline to “scaffolding” platform network in order to mine everything. If you happened to make a wrong step and fell off, it was a long way down.

If anyone wants to play sometime you can add me on steam?
Friend code : 10987754

I friended you, not on much right now due to wfh at all hours of the day. :(

No worries.

I just figured I am currently active with the game so people can hit me up and I will be willing to join. Although my time zone might be sup-optimal. (Tokyo) Your late afternoons/nights are my mornings/mid-day.

Grabbed it today. I know the basics, but that’s about it.

I just picked up the Steam version, after playing the Xbox version on and off for a few years now. Steam friend code is 4956471.

Didn’t know friend codes were a thing, but mine is apparently 54720861

Do you just enter those in place of a username or something to find a person?

Yeah, go to the friends menu and select add a friend from the drop down menu. Can’t miss it.

Steam logins are unique. Steam profile names are not unique. Valve further confused things by allowing a custom profile URL - which has to be unique. There’s also a unique SteamID per user, although maybe that’s supposed to be private.

To try and un-fuck their system in the face of Discord competition Valve added friend codes as yet another way to find people. It’s absurd, but marginally better than playing “match the forum avatar to the Steam ID”.

Thanks. I trust that somehow I can figure out what my own friend code is to pass it around in case my own profile handle (papagenox) isn’t unique.

It must have not always been thus, though, re the profile handle not being unique, because I surely would have picked Papageno, and it didn’t let me IIRC.

It’s in large numbers near the top of the page I described earlier (the one where you enter other people’s numbers)

It seems like I can complete Hazard 3 as long as other people on the team are somewhat sufficient in their classes. If people just start dropping and/or aren’t productive then it might be over…because we will eventually run out of ammo and the bugs will continue to pile up. This is also where it starts to feel like sometimes the swarm waves never end…I need more quiet time in order to mine dammit!

Hazard 4 is still a bridge too far where the swarm feels endless literally right out of the gate. What is the deal?