Deep Rock Galactic (now out of early access!)

I haven’t even tried Hazard 4

They have certainly made the game more solo-friendly. Bosco didn’t exist when I last played, nor did Molly drop the directional indicators. Of course, that didn’t stop me from panicking when I called the drop pod without intending to and winding up failing my first (post-tutorial) mission 🤣

I suppose the good thing is I actually made a couple of good choices and got back on track to escape after getting hopelessly lost… before I fell to my death.

I love Bosco so very much. Especially with rockets and electrified gun ammo.

Can’t decide if I like the driller or gunner better so far. Just like in beta, I find the flamethrower incredibly satisfying to use.

I’ve been playing the driller a lot more lately and I got to say he is pretty damn good. You can drill your way to literally anywhere or anything. It makes getting to the drop pod almost too easy. I haven’t calculated the maximum range I can drill for based on oil capacity but I made a 70m tunnel to the pod once.

Also definitely the flamethrower. I unlocked the Cryo-gun and only tried it once before switching back. Reason being I kept running out of ammo with that thing multiple times in a single mission.

Yeah, I’m really feeling the driller too. I love CC classes. I’m getting better at keeping an eye on the map and connecting up different tunnel sections with cross-tunnels.

I also like the driller, but I think the cryo gun is great.

I’ll give it another go. Maybe I used it too much or something? Freeze things then let other people shatter the frozen bugs? Where-as with the flamethrower you can use it a little bit and let the fire DOT effect do the rest.

The upgrades weren’t very clear to me either.

I freeze things then shatter them myself with the pickaxe.

Right. I guess that would go rather well with the vampire perk.

Disclaimer: play hazard 4 mostly, no overclocks for freeze gun yet.

Freeze gun shines when spec’d for quick freezing and freeze everything near you automatically during fire. Its barely a tap to freeze a grunt.

Freeze and then swap to secondary (or axe em) to finish. Spec axe for aoe damage to help shattering close groups.

A good team will recognize a freezing driller and help shatter the huge groups. Saves a huge amount of ammo for the whole team.

What doesn’t work is if you have two drillers, one flame and one freeze. Effects cancel out and things take forever to die.

I’m on the fence on this, mainly because I’ll be playing it solo. Is very fun as solo? Or just meh?

Steam summer sale ends tomorrow… So you are welcome to talk me in or out, me or my wallet will be grateful.

It’s best with friends, of course, but still great with randos. I have played solo a couple times but randos have very rarely done me wrong (I don’t use voice chat with them).

It is WAY better now. I’ve been playing solo to get my legs under me and figure out how stuff works. I think it would be more fun in a group, but solo is still great and I like that I can take my time, whereas in a group I expect to be rushed.

Funny story/case in point:

I have a secondary to collect ebonuts, which can be annoying in some environments because they don’t stand out. But I was in the icy zone, so no problem. I was one short, even after finding one trapped in ice, anger after trekking all over the map for nearly half an hour, I decided to bag it and finish the mission. I do the last turn-in and call the drop pod. I make my way over, head up the ramp, and the last ebonut, is INSIDE the drop pod!

Actually, that’s a terrible example, but I wanted to share the story.

Anyway, I’d just get it.

Just played a mission with gunner to get then to level 5 for the perk points. I was wishing I was on Driller the entire time. Guess that settles that.

The Engineer’s “plasma cutter” straight outta Dead Space is incredible. It alone makes the class way better IMO.

Anyways what is the deal with the cosmetic prices! So expensive. I guess it’s the late game money sink.

I also started crafting some…craft beer. So “Today’s Special” always gives a buff right? And it changes every time you return to the ship?

I think most of them give buffs, but you can only unlock whatever the daily special is, which puts it on the regular menu. You really are crafting beer per se.

Well, I bought it against my wallet and backlog advice.

Thank you both for convincing me! Tonight I hope to try it, solo and maybe another day I’ll try randos.

I don’t regret it, even if it’s practically impossible to get my friends to play it instead of Warzone.

Solo is SoGreat! I want a Bosco of my very own!

It’s great and the devs are going to be adding even more (2 more mission types this fall; 2 biomes in update after that).

The steam name you have before didn’t work. Post your friend code?

Happy to have gotten an extra passive perk slot unlocked.