Deep Rock Galactic (now out of early access!)

Awesome, thanks

Finally got a promotion and unlocked the Forge and Deep Dives…

I also completed a Hazard 5, but I suspect it was mostly the pro-team I happened to join. I mean the guys had 3 stars above their character icons…that means they are good at the game right?

Holy shit, dude, you are rocketing through this game!

I still can’t get the cryo-gun to work though. I used it again, ran out of ammo. Ran out of secondary ammo. Reduced to my drill and pickaxe for longer than I would have liked. Might need to try different upgrades.

I don’t have it unlocked yet, but my sense is that, much like with the flamethrower, is that the best use for it is freezing things, not killing them. If you are in a team, teammates can prioritize frozen targets. If solo, use your drill or secondary.

Maybe watch a solo deep dive Cryo run?

Man, there is such a big jump up from Hazard 2 to Hazard 3. I shudder to imagine Hazard 5!

Is there? I’ve only played solo on H2 so far. Most of the time, everything is easy, but I’ve had a few missions that went horribly wrong, even on H2…like my first time in magma core last night.

Speaking of which, I feel so much more comfortable on driller than anything else. Engineer especially, I feel so weak. But I keep hearing how strong they are. Not sure how much of that is then getting better or me needing to get better at using them. Then again, I failed the first couple of missions I tried with Driller, so maybe it just needs more time.

The weird thing is, the team I joined started on Hazard 4, and it was weirdly lite on enemies for long durations. Or they killed everything super fast while I was somewhere building platforms to reach high rock. It felt like playing Hazard 2…

The next game was Hazard 5 and it was one of those linear mining expeditions. Probably the easiest mission type. Every time there was a swarm we just stopped and handled it. Once the coast was clear we continued forward. I didn’t make it back to the pod though because I thought the driller was going to tunnel to it, but he was dillydallying around too much. The ultra pro players just followed molly back successfully.

@lordkosc did you notice???

I saw the name! How do you see with only that tiny shoulder light?

And your chin is so smooth!

They won’t let me grow a full beard yet, I’m still in my probationary period.

You have much to look forward to, for example see my beard armor!

Lol, he’s a fair bit ahead of me 🤣

Got my driller to 10 yesterday and finished up the noob assignment. Now to work on unlocking mineral trading and the Cryo cannon

Did my first Haz 4, and it was a “kill 3 dreadnoughts” mission. Luckily the rest of my group were rock solid.

Dreadnoughts are trivial

solo on haz 2

I think once you are competent with Haz 3 you can do Haz 4…but you need to be with other like-minded players. Some players just have no business in Haz 4 yet which can hurt the team cohesion.

All missions in haz 4 are pretty easy and not much of a step up from haz 3 except the mule extraction due stuck in place nature of the final bit of the mission.

Ummm, I would never describe Haz 4 as “pretty easy” but agree Salvage (not to be confused with Extraction) is most susceptible to end-mission disaster because it requires you to be stuck defending a specific location…twice and then some (Hence the ‘bunkering’ strats)

Haz 4 point extraction is insane. Four straight failures. Yuck.