Deep Rock Galactic (now out of early access!)

Did a gold rush mission, with pots o’gold beer before, and 5 minutes in we meet a Glyphid Bulk Detonator, killed it and it exploded in the small tunnel we were in leaving a sphere of gold on the walls. It was glorious. We went all Scrooge McDuck in there.

Yeah it’s a new variation for the Bulk exploder, he has another name. He is pretty rare to find, I still haven’t seen one in person.

Yesterday I got my first dwarf promoted and my first weapon overclock. 3 other classes to go!

Also, a new hotfix has been released:

– PATCH NOTES –

MISC. FIXES
General Sprint Speed increased
Enemy Movement Speed has been slightly increased for Haz 4 and 5 and on Elite Deep Dives now that player Sprint Speed has gone up
Added a new mechanic to Ziplines. All dwarves can now slide fast on Ziplines that are angled downwards. Simply look down the zipline and press and hold forward to let go of the break. Release forward to slow down again. Sliding speed is relative to the angle of the Zipline
Fixed a bug that prevented Machine Events from being interactable when the FIRE button is remapped
Fixed text overflow for certain languages on elements in Mission Selection
Improved the logic of how enemies select a target and distribute themselves between the player, Steeve, Pheromones and the Lure
Reverted a previous change which has since caused M.U.L.E. to be more likely to walk through terrain

PERK TWEAKS

SHIELD LINK
Shield Boost now lasts for 30 seconds at final rank
Added first person effect to Shield Boost when giving and receiving it.

BERZERKER
Updated the Perk description, old text could be misunderstood.
Added a new first person effect overlay to give you a better feeling of how long it lasts.

THORNS
Added a small cooldown so that a large group of swarmers does not get killed in a single pass and can still pose a minor threat to the player.
Added a 4th tier to the perk bringing the damage assigned upto 24hp.

HOVER BOOTS
Hold to activate time decreased to be way more snappy
Cooldown decreased to a 75 secs when max upgraded
Hangtime Increased to 3.5 when fully upgraded
Improved the Hoverboots visual effects

FIELD MEDIC
Instant Revive now activates instant on button press instead of hold.

SEE YOU IN HELL
Explosion now leaves an electric field behind for 15 seconds electrocuting and scaring off enemies.
Explosion deals double damage of what it used to and can now take out Pretorians on some difficulty settings.
Fixed a sound bug, that would mute the explosion sound if music was turned down.
Passive Effect added to the Perk. Any time an enemy hits you with a melee attack you get a temporary melee damage bonus. This effect lasts for 1.5 seconds. Revenge never felt this good before :-)

DASH
Reduced cooldown of Dash on all tiers
Increased the speed of Dash slightly
Added new third person effects to Dash
Added a new sound for when Dash is activated
Fixed a bug that caused Dash to sometimes not activate, it should be way more reliable now.

SWEET TOOTH
Changed Sweet Tooth to give you more health from Red Sugar

BEAST MASTER
Steeve can no longer be affected by Sticky Flames
Added new sound and particle effects when you tame a Grunt
Steeve is no longer ignored by other enemies

ELEMENTAL INSULATION
Temperature insulation is now called Elemental Insulation and gives resistance to all elemental damage: fire, cold, poison/acid, radiation, and electricity
Percentage bonuses on the tiers have been reduced to +20%, +25%, +30% to not make this perk too OP with the changes listed above

SECOND WIND
Speed percentage bonus of Second Wind has been reduced. The percentage increase on Second Wind is based on the general sprint speed, and since that has been tweaked up, we had to tweak the percentage bonus down in order to have the effect of Second Wind stay the same as it was.

2 year anniversary, sign in to claim your free party hat.

And free weekend and 50% off sale.

Tomorrow an AMA and the next roadmap.

Ah nice, be interesting to see what else they plan to add.

Nice , yeah I’ve seen players with profile ranks in the high 160’s.

Thats a lot of missions!

Wonder if Deluxe Edition stuff will be given free to existing players / supporters. :)

I’ve had this in my Steam library since it came out, but really haven’t played since then. I logged in last night and love all the updates/improvements. Love co-op games like this.

I’ve seen players with >350 rank, and the surprise for me came finding them in freaking Hazard 3. You would suppose at that point the game would be boring as hell in that difficulty!

Hazard 2 is where the cool kids hang out. ;)

I mostly do missions mining morkite and hoping for a good haul of gold. I have a ton of hats and beards to still unlock. :)

Gunner is the only class I haven’t promoted once yet.

The game has a nice streak of roguelite that makes it very replayable, imo. Each mission can vary in:

-the cavern itself (random), and with different complexity/length ratings
-the chosen biome, each with unique mechanics (crystal that shoot lightning, radioactive zones, flora that explodes, snow storms, etc)
-primary objective
-secondary objective
-machine event, if any
-mutators, both warnings (like shield disruption or haunted cave) and anomalies (like volatile guts or rich atmosphere)

Then of course, you have the four classes with different selection of unique weapons, upgrades and perks.

Haunted Cave is the worst. :)
Along with low O2 missions.

thought they would add boss fights before the game released.

I never heard of this game until this weekend. As soon as I saw the videos I clicked buy as I’m always looking for fun games to play with my daughter. We played for a few hours and I think this may be one of our favorite co-op games. Everything about the game is just fun with all the BS cut out. The mining is fun. The exploring is fun. The fighting is way more fun than I thought it would be. At one point she was digging in front of me and punched through the floor falling like 200 feet to her death. I haven’t laughed so hard in a while. And we’re just still on the start missions.

So far my go to character is the scout. I love the flare and his gun seems to work well enough for me. I hate mini guns so the gunner is my least favorite.

Scout is really good. don’t worry about switch classes. its good to get one to promotion asap. scout is good for MP because of the lights as well.

Awe yeah!

3-14-2020 12-22-25 AM

Good job! I got it the past week, and yesterday I played successfully my first 3 Hazard 5 missions.

I discovered this site where you can see detailed stats for weapon builds
https://surmiran.github.io/karl/

Good find. Thanks!