Deep thoughts...

Wow. Um. Uh. My ex almost lost her job when we were at a Giants game. She was throwing peanut M&Ms at her boss.

I found out today that someone I know has a cat named Ricky Ticky.
This cat is not a tabby.
I was disappointed.

You are in a guillotine. The blade comes down.

Have they chopped your head off? Or have they chopped your body off? Show your work.

Which part gets kept? I think that’s usually the deciding factor in these cases. If you’re cutting the end of a carrot off, you don’t say “I’ve cut the carrot off the stem.”

Now you’re just asking which part is you. Modern thought says the brain is the CPU, but now they find the various peripherals have smarts too.

Like I guess the sympathetic system? dose that make the brain the unsympathetic system. The gonads seem to have a mind of their own, too. Maybe more of the rest of the body is responsible for what we think of as thought than we currently know.

Well, if you are of the opinion that the “self”, that part that makes you “you” isn’t strictly limited to a physical form. That science currently is unable to elaborate upon it given the limitations of what can be measured/is known via instrumentation today, then all that happened is some meat and bone and sinew got chopped.

What if gut bacteria influenced our personality - made us hangry, or tell us we have cravings. What if sometimes they are symbiotic (like mitochondria) and they do vital things, but sometimes what if these gut bacteria are sometihng like the programmer who original coded some weird, small bit of code but nobody else knows how it works so it gets Job Security. What if these gut bacteria are the ones that are using us to run around on legs and shit all over so they can spread more.

Also, this:

Though it may sound surprising that bits of human genetic code come from viruses, it’s actually more common than you might think: A review published in Cell in 2016 found that between 40 and 80 percent of the human genome arrived from some archaic viral invasion.

Dogs barking at each other across the entire neighborhood for no reason is like Facebook for dogs.

[edit]

Improved.

And the cats call the whole thing “fake meows”.

I apologize.

I wonder what the canine equivalent for Russia-funded political ads would be?

Cats using a soundboard loaded with doggie barks.

As a kid my cousin had one of those crappy synthesizers that could make dog noises. I was so jealous.