Deep Throat Was Felt

So? If someone turns in a murderer for the reward money that doesn’t make the murderer somehow less bad, which is the subtext the right is using on this.[/quote]

Where are we disagreeing?

I’m merely saying that I have heard a lot about how Felt did this out of his high standards and morale high ground, and I don’t believe that. He was a Hoover guy, Hoover’s second in command, and he was royally pissed when he wasn’t given the job and had learned well how you get back at people you don’t like.

But as someone who despised Nixon more than you ever could, because I lived through the Nixon years, I was glad he did it. Nowhere will you ever hear me say anything good about Nixon - everything I’ve ever said here was to argue that he was worse than people here believed.

Oh, yeah. I guess this is one of those issues where the wingbats make people saying “you know Felt was not a nice guy himself” - (he wasn’t - chrissakes, Contelpro?) sound wrong out of context.

:) Yeah, you have to be careful of motivations, eh? Or not attributing motivations. I’m one of the worst at making snap assumptions.

I just wish we (the media, but also all of us) didn’t feel like we have to immediately make everything and every issue and every person some black and white, extreme label.

Kum by ya… ;)

Deep Throat was Felt, particularly by the tonsils.