Defiance 2050 - Trion's MMO, now a co-op shooter

Huh, I just got the email from Trion, guess I’ll sign up for the closed beta.

I love coop shooters so this will at least be worth a try from me.

Oooh me too. Dont wanna be the dog faced dude tho, I do enough of that in real life.

Except in Sacred right? Because who wouldn’t want to be a dog-headed dude with a laser gun for a hand?

Wasn’t it more or less a coop shooter anyway?

Wait lasers for hands? Yes I wish to reconsider my choice :)

Hell yeah you do:

So… uhm… Closed beta started today.

Lets just say you’re in for a surprise…

Good surprise or bad?

Depends on what you wanted from a sequel. Personally; very bad.

I suppose if when it is released my character can migrate intact, then it will be a small %-ish change/improvement, maybe.

Only got a chance to try it out a little, but it was… not what I expected at all. But I had no information on it other than it was supposed to be a “modern” version of Defiance. My understanding of modern differs from theirs, I suppose.

Its 64-bit (not that it was needed) and uses DX11 but pretty much looks the same.

I’m trying out the closed beta this weekend on Xbox and I’m kind of liking it. Seems like a low budget Destiny. Third player shooting feels pretty imprecise after playing stuff like The Division and Gears of War, but you can come across other players in the open world and work missions together, it’s like there aren’t any instances, at least none I’ve run into yet.

where are you finding a download for that? was it invite? I applied and think I got missed :(

Did you play it when it launched previously to compare?

Yeah, I got an email invite to the beta. I didn’t try to join the PC beta from last week but I did apply for this one and got an email I was in a couple days ago. Kind of surprised they turned anyone away.

I played a ton when it first came out years ago, and everything I’ve read is that this version is the same game as far as content. No new story or missions at all which seems odd for a relaunch personally. Reason I quit playing was I’m a big pvp player and hacking/cheating was rampant. Might be worth playing if it’s not crossplatform though even if it’s mostly the same.

Xbox One players: If you played the beta previously, you can login and play again. Dunno about people on other platforms.

Yeah, I’ve been trying it out today. Really rocky, lots of lag and enemies just teleporting all over the place. Makes a shooting game that much tougher.

Wow, this game is really rocky. I’m still consistently getting kicked out of the game and hitting lots of bugs. Last night I couldn’t complete a mission because the NPC decided he wanted to contemplate a large rock. Think I need to set this one aside, it needs more time in the oven.

That was my knock against the original Defiance. I tried it after playing Warframe and Borderlands 2, and the gunplay wasn’t on the same level. Disappointing to hear it hasn’t improved.

Replayed it a bit, seems like many of the unlocks from original defiance carried over, which was nice.

But… they really should’ve updated it a lot more to re-release it in 2018, it still feels like a game from the early 00s.

It was also really really laggy. A lot of players in the starter areas though, which was nice, for the -fall type events.

Looks like 75% laid off. They are saying the games will continue.