Deity Empires

I watched three of those, and I’m tempted. I don’t believe it’s in EA though, which is weird.

Have I been saying deity wrong?

I think that is a region thing. I hear both Day-i-tee and Dee-i-tee in various situations.

Edit: Das is down under so they call it Die-i-tee I suppose.

Nice find. I’ve been waiting for some gameplay videos to see if this is worth getting.

So, I feel like this is a cross between Dominions and Master of Magic at this point.
That is either a recipe for awesome or terrible. So far, no Master of Magic clone has been all that great, and Dominions 5 is a wonderful game if way too complex.

This does look cool, but it also looks like the sort of thing that might fall apart completely because the developer is too small/new/uninterested to give it a meaningful AI.

Hmm, I wonder if it has many units…

head explode

-Tom

Headless versions are a great idea to double the unit count. The only stat tweak needed is a reduced vision range.

Anyone watching Das’ live streams?

He really seems taken with the thing. I’m THIS close to taking the plunge my own self.

Das strikes again.

Once my new PC is up and running later today, I’ll install this and report back.

Let us know! With games like this, it’s hard to tell what might cause it to fail or succeed from just videos.

Watching Das’ streams convinced me. He loves it, and it looks to be just so deep.

But is it too deep? Dominions is a game I love, but I can’t play it to the end. I just spend my days theorycrafting.

MP games are different since it’s only one turn a day or so.

This looks far more Master of Magicy than Dominionsy, as I’ve not been able to click with Dominions either.

So I just lost nearly an hour to this without even realizing it. FAR MORE Master of Magic (which I do grok) than Dominions (which I don’t) so far. Tons of starting options, deity and race choices, the in-game manual isn’t perfect, but it’s better than nothing, as there’s no tutorial at. All. But so far? I am loving moving units around the map, building and researching stuff, watching auto battles and so on.

I’ll definitely play more soon – got stuff for the blog to get into – but so far, very positive impressions all around.

A friend of mine had bought it, but gave up quickly upon it because of the lack of documentation, and especially about how the mechanics were really working. He is a wargamer, so it irked him to no end.
I like to “surf” those kind of games (that’s what I loved about Master of Magic), without trying to understand them too much, so it looks as intriguing to me as it looked repelling to him.
Either Tom’s writing the manual, or Tom’s gonna snark at it for an hour on stream some day, I guess.

Yeah, this TOTALLY isn’t a wargame. It’s definitely a 4X game that happens to have tactical battles. Again, VERY MoM.

Interesting. Sadly, recent indie MoM games haven’t had a winning record, and those main stream games that are winners don’t try to follow the formula to closely. I wonder if MoM is a fluke or just a game of it’s time.

I will keep an eye on it. Having you like it gives me hope.

Is work still continue on the game or is it finished?

Not giving a damn about balance is always a step in the right direction, in my opinion!

I think that might be it. Finding awesome combos rocked.

But it’s a two edged sword. A lack of balance limits what you can select, because you are forced into a few better options.

You see it in Dominions, where Monster Pretenders serious overpower Titans, and in Blood Bowl, where Halflinh just aren’t competitive.

Better balance means more options.

One reason I felt okay purchasing this is because the devs are active on the Steam forums and indicate more work in the game is coming.

Hell yes, one reason MoM is still so amazing is because of how unbalanced it can get.