Deleted scene from KNOCKED UP

Dunno if this is real or not.

It’s not, it’s a parody of the Huckabees thing.

Which is genius. The fact that they can fake that shows just how relaxed that set probably is.

Why are you so dead set on seeing it? The reviews for it have been pretty incredible across the board, especially for a a comedy of this sort.

He hates laughter. He also hates puppies and ice cream.

91% fresh, with only a sensitive woman reviewer from LA Times jumping on the obvious WHY ANOTHER MOVIE THAT PAIRS AN UGLY GUY WITH A HOTTIE FOR COMEDY? HOW MANY ADOLESCENT FANTASIES MUST I ENDURE IN RETURN FOR A FEW ONE LINERS theme that my wife also insists on. Geez, chicks. No sense of humor.

Wow. The Times’ reviewer gushed at this movie.

Check this out:

It may be a bit, um, premature to say so, but Judd Apatow’s “Knocked Up” strikes me as an instant classic, a comedy that captures the sexual confusion and moral ambivalence of our moment without straining, pandering or preaching.

And I’m late!

The SF Weekly reviewer made the same point but in a light-hearted way and ultimately loved the movie.

“I mean it was just the head I promise.”

NYT’s AO Scott is one of my favorite movie reviewers. Both he and Rolling Stone’s Peter Travers loved the movie so this is a must see for me. Will probably go tonight and tomorrow.

Saw it today and it is all that. Laughed through the whole thing. It’s a very quotable movie and I’m tempted to throw some out there but I will refrain…

I’m dying to see this but it breaks my heart to hear that it is so “quotable” since that means it is only a matter of time until it joins Anchorman, Wedding Crashers, et al in the list of movies that I’d rather stab myself through my junk with a snooker cue than watch again because I’m so sick of people quoting them.

If it helps any, it’s a very genuine type story. It’s not smarmy at all like Anchorman. But unfortunately, it’s still pretty quotable because it’s damn funny.

Was Wedding Crashers that quotable?

“just the tip, just for a second, just to see how it feels.”

You’d be surprised how funny a group of drunken chicks think “You shut your mouth when you’re talking to me” is, even after saying it 5 billion times.

This has nothing to do with the movie, but Michael Cera’s been awesome lately.

Saw it, liked it but was ultimately disappointed. It’s certainly a superior comedy, but I’d been hyped up by all the buzz into believing this was the second coming of comedy after 40 Year-Old Virgin, and it’s not that. 40YOV left me laughing so hard I thought I was going to hurt myself and also in stunned admiration at how deftly they’d mixed outrageous guy humor with real heart. This one uses the same formula but with more heart and less fart. I think that will actually appeal more to some people (ie chicks), but it appealed less to me. While 40YOV was a smart and smutty sex comedy which brilliantly develops into a surprisingly earnest relationship story, here the relationship drama is the whole backbone of the movie, with the guy antics/rusty trombone stuff pushed more to the background - and, frankly, feeling a bit tacked-on.

I suspect this may be due to some “growth” on the part of Apatow and his team - the credits roll alongside a “cast and crew baby book” photo montage, for fuck’s sake. But to me, this time, the formula that worked so well in 40YOV felt a bit forced here - like what might have resulted if the people who’d made “Nine Months” had done so after the success of 40YOV and so tried to shoe-horn some of those frat-humor elements into their sugary relationship comedy in order to scoop up of some of that same audience.

I just saw this movie with the sa. I think the younger crowd won’t appreciate this movie as much as those who are married with kiddies.

Great movie though. I would recommend it.