Democracy 4 - It's time to vote for more stuff!

Surprisingly, we don’t have a dedicated thread for this. It just launched on the 13th.

I played an earlier version of it and had a GREAT time. Can’t wait to dive into the full release. Yay Cliffski.

(I also secretly hope that now he’s done with this he can return to Gratuitous Space Battles 2 like he said he might.)

Was there a 1.0 update that I missed? Can’t see much in the patch logs lately and the game has gone from early access to full release, was there a 1.0 announcement?

I think I played Democracy 2 and really enjoyed it, but for some reason didn’t get on with Democracy 3. Maybe for some reason I just wasn’t in the mood for that type of game at the time. I’ve always found the premise interesting enough that I’ll probably give 4 a try some time.

The Launch Trailer was posted on the 13th.

Installing and loading up the game shows the version as 1.47, so it seems instead of a big 1.0 patch cliffski has decided ‘that’s enough’ and taken it off early access. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that at all, just wanted to confirm above if that was the case.

Something I would love to see, perhaps in a mod, is as close to a blank slate country you can get with the game’s mechanics. One reason I preferred Democracy 3 Africa over Democracy 3 is that it felt more like you were starting from scratch, and accordingly the game was less immediately overwhelming (like it is when you jump straight into the USA for your first game).

I just picked this up from the Epic store thanks to a coupon they sent me, but can’t figure out how to integrate a mod. I imported and activated the Mexico mod, but it’s not coming up as a playable country.

What am I missing?