Democrats tried to conspire with Soviets

I honestly don’t see what the big deal is. If the Communists had won, there wouldn’t be any George Bush, thus avoiding the greatest crimes of modern times.

For a small monetary compensation I can tell you about the ignore list.

I think you have to start with the “if” repeated twice in that newsnugget. “If” there’s even a shred of reason to believe this wasn’t invented wholecloth. Something they don’t even try to prove.

If? China gets all our money.

At this point, I will PAY you, and anyone else, to just stop responding to him.

He pops into these threads for a quick troll, probably not checking back for responses knowing his job is done. He isn’t here to have an actual conversation.

MS, that’s “torture-loving Republitards,” not “Retardicans.” Sheesh! Get them insults right! :)

Dr. Fear, without real sourcing on that article, I doubt many here would accept it. It is a double standard, since I think most here would willingly accept that Reagain et. al. worked with Khomeini behind the scenes to prolong the hostage crisis (and yes, there is evidence for this – and no, I don’t think it’s particularly credible evidence!), but that’s the nature of posting on this forum.

Maybe we should calibrate these things to a chart showing how far behind the GOP is. I think when the generic congressional ballet hits -20 they bring out the scandal gimp.

No, I’m not, despite your attempt to imply otherwise instead of addressing what I actually said.

See steve you idiot, he was just talking about the article not linked here in his comparison. Get with the fucking times steve, don’t you know all Canadians get a special version of american TV and the Internet, that is how they can keep seeing the truth while you piss around on the stupid ass links actually used in this thread. Fuck you and your incontext links hippie.

Chet

Too many pints at the Halloween party, eh?

From the late 70’s up until Glasnost and the fall of the Berlin wall, the American Left believed that Communism couldn’t be conquered, that the USA could never surmount the USSR’s power. This is not some extreme reactionary Dittohead revisionism; at the time, it was inconceivable, even on the Right, that Reagan’s “let’s outspend them” strategy would actually succeed. This is the primary reason why the word “liberal” became a pejorative term in the 1988 election.

Unbelievable, but true. From the late 70’s up until Glasnost and the fall of the Berlin wall, the American Left believed that Communism couldn’t be conquered, that the USA could never surmount the USSR’s power. This is not some extreme reactionary Dittohead revisionism; at the time, it was inconceivable, even on the Right, that Reagan’s “let’s outspend them” strategy would actually succeed. This is the primary reason why the word “liberal” became a pejorative term in the 1988 election.

No they didn’t and no it’s not.

In fact, if you were alive at the time and bothered to pay attention the biggest pushers of the myth of unstoppable Soviet Superiority was the American government. Unless you think the “arms race” was some kind of left wing paranoid fiction.

The Left thought we should surrender to the Russians. They had ever since the 70’s. What’s this “if you were alive at the time” nonsense?

So desslock, you are then comparing fanciful items? You were just playing devil’s advocate? You were… hell I honestly don’t know. But then again, you never make much sense in the p&r forum. I thought this was a game and I was just joining in on your idiotic fun. I never thought for a minute you were serious… you were just joking right?

Chet

Again, what in blazes are you talking about? Can’t you tell the difference between someone: (a) stating that two situations aren’t comparable, as I indicated; and (b) commenting on the veracity of a document?

Even the original poster, Fear, indicated that it needed to be verified, and just said it was a pretty alarming allegation.

And if you didn’t believe the one article to be genuine, why would you even think there was a comparison to be made? Didn’t you think maybe the second poster was probably making a joke himself?

What next? Are you going to point out a word you misspelled and call the whole thing a joke?

Dude, nobody in this thread has said anything other than it’s a shocking allegation - extrapolating away from what people actually have said seems to be a recurring theme for you, since as I recall you were fixated on stuff Bush hadn’t actually said or done, like Bush blaming Iraq for 9/11, which you felt he did even though he expressly and repeatedly said the opposite. So I guess the fact that people here have repeatedly said that this is a shocking allegation, “if true”, “it has to be verified”, etc., means to you that they have definitively pronounced it’s true, even though they’ve expressly said the opposite.

Again, someone indicated the fact that Nixon pursued a detente with China to shift the balance of the Cold War as a counterpoint, and I said the situations aren’t even close to comparable. Do you disagree? If it is true, it’s actively consorting with the enemy against your elected government - how is that in any way analagous to a sitting government easing tensions with a foreign power?

That’s right desslock, your past point has “Never been proven, never been refuted”. Heeeheee…

Whatever, bub junior.

Chet

Well, I was alive at the time, and I never heard anybody on the left say we should “surrender” to the Russians. Being against MAD and not buying into the Evil Empire propaganda of the time doesn’t equal capitulation.