Dems 2019: Dem Hard With A Vengeance

I think the profit in laundering illegal drug money is a lot higher than, provide business banking for Cannabis companies.

This POTUS. I know our current sitting bully makes that seem like not a big thing but it’s not CEO. We can do better. There are other options.

Yeah, Nesrie… I’m not suggesting that all jerks are good leaders, or that Trump is a good leader. I’m not sure you would need to point that out.

And, yeah, there are other options. Plenty of good ones. That doesn’t mean this “bullying scandal” needs to be treated as something truly important to the debate.

I think it is important. She’s not even approaching this properly. It’s not going to go away at this rate, especially if her plan is to rely on most her votes coming from people who don’t mind being treated like crap so a company can bring in more profits they don’t get to share in and bosses can look good. It’s been weeks. This is the best she can do…

If it’s true, and it seems to be, she’s out.

If she can’t treat her own staff with dignity how is she supposed to have any empathy for the workers of America?

Everything about this Klobuchar treatment of staff stuff tells me she’s a boss, not a leader. You all know what I mean.

I’ll say again: If you’re equating niceness with leadership, you’re engaged in a popularity contest. Leaders are often jerks to those around them. That’s not a positive trait, but it doesn’t seem at all incompatible with success.

If you’re concerned about someone’s policies with regard to the working class, you could simply research them. She has positions on things and a legislative record.

Great point.

Yup exactly right and we’ve seen how shitty it is to have a boss as Potus

I worked for one of those folks. He was great at his role in spite of his management style, not because of it.

Wait a minute, Phil Spector MAY have been a jerk?

I think that’s the point.

Being a nice guy doesn’t make you an effective leader, and being a total asshole doesn’t make you an ineffective one.

We’re not talking about a jerk here, though. We’re talking about someone who throws things at her staff. That goes a little beyond jerkiness into erratic.

It doesn’t have anything to do with being nice or being popular. It means having some modicum of empathy for the people in your employ and if that isn’t possible because insecurity issues leads to belittling people then Ms. Klobuchar can go be a success as CEO of a bank or some Fortune 500 company where she can be lauded for making millions.

Empathy isn’t optional and it’s irrelevant that assholes can be effective. It’s time we expect more from our leaders.

So what was Patton really like, old man?

We’ve all been wondering.

Oh, geez, was I that obvious?!?

Tell ya what. Let’s go drink some bourbon and tell stories sometime.

Bet!

What a terrible fate awaits us.

I know, he could have at least offered us gin.