Dems 2019: Dem Hard With A Vengeance

Hold on. Are you saying that there are people who DO NOT support Vermin Supreme?

Yeah this. There’s no way she gets far in the primary process with that baggage.

There are more anti-ponies than you would imagine.

The fools! Don’t they realize that they’ll be first up against the wall when the Revolution comes?

Surely that’s the Sirius Cybernetics Marketing Division?

Am I the only one here that really had no idea who Gabbard even was until she decided to throw her hat in the ring?

Nope. I’d heard the name before, but wasn’t aware of all this stuff until she became a contender.

The Pod Save America guys discuss Gabbard here, at 48:45

https://crooked.com/podcast/deleted-scenes-from-helsinki/

As someone who knows little about her, I found it to be an interesting discussion.

TLDR version: They’re not exactly fans

Gabbard is the Jill Stein of the next election. She is a fringe candidate that will never come close to sniffing a respectable vote tally in a Democratic primary, and yet she will undoubtedly show up as a third-party candidate in the 2020 race after she washes out of the primaries because she has the backing of Russian money and bots. This backing will be in an attempt to split Democrat and Independent votes away from the eventual Democratic candidate so that Trump has an easier path to another electoral college win.

This strategy will likely fail because, as we saw in 2018, the Democrats and Independents are mobilizing in greater numbers than 2016 in their pushback against Trump. Unless the Democratic Primary results in a truly terrible candidate for 2020, attempting to splinter the vote will not work as it did in 2016.

Gabbard’s an actual Democrat and not on the Russian payroll. I don’t want her as the nominee, but I accept her as part of the Dem party, as long as she didn’t slide back into being anti-LGBT.

The vote splintering I"m worrying about is Kasich. I got a feeling he’s going to try to get Trump elected by running third party and trying to pass himself off as a Blue Dog Dem to split the anti-Trump vote.

Why in the world would he do this? He hates Trump. The Republican party hates him and there’s nothing in a spoiler run for him.

Man. For a second… before I saw where it was from…

Well, hopefully this helps some of the antediluvians in the Democratic Party.

Hopefully she can also teach a bunch of polysci nerds how to deal with bullies. Probably one of the bigger “come on, nerds” quips I had during 2016.

Why bother teaching Democrats how to use social media? Just start a campaign to replace the incumbents with younger people and stop worrying about it.

New logo for Democratic party:

Nah, they can’t use it, because the Olbummercare Death Panel Allegiance already copyrighted that one, and they won’t give it up to the parent org.

It seems far more likely that he would peel votes from Trump rather than the Democrat.

Are you sure that’s not just because you post here?

Is this bad?