Dems 2019: Dem Hard With A Vengeance

FCGC’s got my vote!

FAKE FCGCs

All she’s really doing on Twitter is clapping back via facts and figures at all the bullshit the GOP tries to ram down our throats. If that seems like her head is getting too big or whatever, it’s only because the media has been so fucking derelict for so fucking long in that duty. It’s not hard - all it requires is a little courage to crawl out from under the GOP’s bootheel and point a finger.

Preach it brother.

Pretty good long article, making the case that Democrats should start the impeachment proceeding now rather than waiting for Mueller’s report.

All Your Base is one of my first memories from the internet, which I only got in 1997, at the tender age of 11. It’s not absurd for her to have been on the AYB train (haha AOC train punz) from near its inception, tbh. The humor in the original AYB video is not exactly. . . sophisticated :)

(Also, I mean, it was one of like eleven things on the whole internet to even look at)

Memes existed and we’re even written about at least as early as 1996. I think they were prevalent on boards like The Well.

Kilroy was here!

What, me worry?

“Where’s the beef”

The term “meme” was coined by Richard Dawkins in the 1970’s. The idea of pairing subtitles with graphics for format-dependent jokes dates back to at least 1921:

Memes weren’t created by the internet or any particular generation.

You’re a meme!

OK!

Meanwhile, Tulsi is boldly starting her campaign by throwing her party under the bus:

ftfy5

Russia’s got to try to weaken the Democrats, so makes sense.

She just can’t quit being so damn cool

This must be how middle aged racists feel when they say “Trump speaks just like one of us.”

I’m not a huge fan of that comparison!

I’m just worried you all are going to fall in love with her for raising too much money for embattled trans kids and that adoration is going to go to her head.

Harris is IN. Surprising no one.

I’ll say this: after the 2018 midterms, women candidates have to be feeling pretty bullish. Were I Harris, Warren, Gillibrand, Gabbard, or even Klobuchar, I’d feel pretty good about the battlefield.

Will be interesting to see if she gives Iowa/New Hampshire the full brush-off to focus on South Carolina – which is third, and has a much higher percentage of African American voters in its Democratic primary than either of the first two states to go. It’s a risky strategy to blow off one, or even two states in this modern climate (Rudy hoped to work it in 2008 with Florida, ditto for Rubio in 2016 to a lesser extent) but it has some upsides.

Sanders and Corey Booker are both in South Carolina today for MLK Day observances.