Dems 2019: Dem Hard With A Vengeance

A dog whistle if ever I heard one.

You forgot the lobster. It’s steak and lobster. It’s always steak, never a specific cut as if sirloin were some ultra expensive thing, and lobster. I missed the class where the struggling and working class folks were told that people who abuse the system and eat like the rich only ever eat steak and lobster. Which is why when they’re caught doing this horrific act they are always buying the exact same thing in any grocery store at any time of day anywhere in the country.

Ah, good point! The dogs will get little dog tags instead of food stamps, so they can just run into grocery stores, eat their fill of steak & lobster, then head off to their posh doggy kennels for the night.

Kamala Harris emailed me personally to let me know that her campaign is already failing to reach her monthly fundraising goals (and it’s up to me to save the campaign). Well, they’ve still got a few more days to get their shit together. Can’t win those elections if they’re broke. I wonder if they’re kicking themselves yet for rejecting that tasty PAC money.

And I don’t know about a lot of the other candidates, but the Kamala Harris merch table has got some pretty ugly stuff on it. They need to get someone better at branding, maybe the person that created the Barry Obummer logo. That thing served two great purposes, it was stylish and cool, and it also made everybody else jealous of him and his goons for being so cool.

Yeah, that really is pretty bad. Like, do-it-yourself-from-someone-who-just-learned-how-to-use-Word bad.

I like her tag line “for the people” but geez California has some great graphic designers,. Surely one of her volunteers could do better.

That’s also the motto of the Morgan and Morgan law firm in Florida.

It is hardly original, there are TV shows and movies with the same name. I just think it is fits well with her background and it’s easy to remember. It is not like Make America Great Again, is particularly creative or original but… Nor was “Yes We Can” "Hillary went through a dozen slogans and none stuck.

Oh, don’t get me wrong. I understand all of that. It’s just that his commercials are on here all the time. Not complaining.

Sometimes I wonder if Dems are just bound and determined to eat their own:

I bet he’s not even vegan, either. DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH CARBON BEEF FARMIGLBALRGHRRR

Fuck that. My guys get to play by the same rules as yours (the general yours, obviously not you specifically, Jason). Eat a sack of dicks.

The obvious lesson is: never campaign for your once-opponent in a primary, because the staff are going to have such bad feelings for you, they’ll make up stuff to bitch about and then keep bitching about it to online news outlets years later.

…Or they might make you Secretary of State and praise you effusively.

Yeah, you’re right. Still, you’d think going into a campaign to bring down an ogre that they all can agree is, in fact, an ogre, they’d exercise some discretion. But I look at this and I look at the three-way hate fest in New York between the governor, the mayor and the state senate Dems who would seem to all be on the same political page, and it’s just - what the fuck?

I think that shows the difference between the Obamas and team and the Clintons and theirs.

If anything, Obama had more of a reason to be mad at Clinton than Clinton had to be at Bernie.

Now, the extra-special unicorns that were the Bernie bros, they deserved quite a bit of derision. Never met one personally, but when they showed up at the convention and the primary elector vote-casting events (?) that was a real suck-fest. I don’t blame Bernie for them though, although I know some do.

I mean:

In the final three months before Election Day 2016, Sanders held 39 rallies in 13 states on behalf of Clinton’s campaign, according to Jones, including 17 events in 11 states in the last week alone. When he went to New Hampshire, which borders Sanders’ home state of Vermont, he did not use a private jet to get there.

And the Clinton staffers are mad he didn’t want to fly commerical… two years later. WTF

All the more reason for the Clintons to just disappear and let the party move on. Though clearly the GOP and Fox have passed the torch to AOC for their constant attacks.

I also do not blame the candidate, and to an extent Bernie’s passionate supporters reflect their candidate’s passion.

With that said, I also think there’s some truth to what Nate Silver has called the Holden Caulfield-ness of some within that group. There’s an element there that absolutely thinks that – like Caulfield – anyone who disagrees with them on anything is a “phony”. It can make it difficult to build common cause at times.

Why should they disappear? She won the popular vote. You’re acting like she’s some kind of hobgoblin we can’t let into the light anymore, and that’s ridiculous.

When you make it cool to be a bully and an ass, you breed more bullies and asses.

jesus fuckin christ not this again