Dems 2019: Dem Hard With A Vengeance

The sycophancy has only become more sickening with time.

Pete Buttigieg is on Preet Bharara’s podcast this week. Never heard him speak before, but he’s very impressive to listen to. Smart, thoughtful guy.

HILARIOUS.

House Democrats: “Well, this whole thing has just been a shitshow. Can we just vote on this and hope this fucking thing leaves the news cycle in the next few days? Hard to imagine anyone or anything could be more embarrassing.”

House Republicans: “Hold our beer.”

This is literally a resolution that in general, the hating of innocents based solely on race, religion, etc. is bad.

Gohmert: “I can’t support that bullshit.”

Refusing to say hate is bad:

LMAO

I mean, they are the party of the KKK, neo-nazis, and racists of all ilk. It only makes sense to pander to your base. I’m surprised they all didn’t vote against it, but it makes me happy that at least some 'pub reps still aren’t completely gone into racist land.

It’s just the GOP representing their base, and only their base. That’s their thing now.

Is it bad that my knee jerk response was “I’m surprised there are 26 Republicans honest enough to vote no on this”.

Ya, even as former Republican. I find the hypocrisy of the Republican going after Omar, while Steven King is still in Congress more than a little gross.

Edit: I guess I should have read further somehow, Republican managed to screw up a vote condemn bigotry against a Democrat. It is like an entire generation of Republican grew up thinking Archie Bunker was a role model

Remember, Dems in disarray!

I like to think about how triggered all the precious little snowflakes get every time they see a picture of Omar. It warms my heart.

I don’t have a count but the past couple of weeks the WaPo op-eds seems to have undertaken an all out assault on Democrats with the same shared theme of “Democrats handing the 2020 election to trump.” Milbank suggesting that Omar’s insensitive remarks are enough to hand trump a win is not only entirely illogical but thinly veiled wish casting.

It’s almost as if they want trump to win rather than face the idea of any kind of progressive winning the nomination and/or Presidency. It’s striking to me that in their value system, neoliberal economic policy is more important to them than science denial, xenophobia, bigotry, misogyny and open contempt for the rule of law.

Er… Yeah… Those crazy right wingers like…
…"checks notes*…
Dana Milbank of the Washington Post.

Image of headlines from a quick google search of op-ed headlines (not limited to WaPo) from mainstream (or local) sources. There are more headlines than this but the bogeyman here is “the left.” The tacit assumption is that trump may well be awful, but those leftyleft Democrats?
Yeah.

These papers were never allies. In the end they’re tools of their corporate masters.

It is actually legitimate for social democrats to oppose those further to the left you know.

I mean the dems in disarray thing is pretty stupid, not least because there’s not much evidence that the dems are actually in disarray right now, but just because newspaper editors don’t like your politics it doesn’t mean they’re aligned with Trump.

This coverage is not about whether editors lean left or right. What it’s about is that they lean clicks. It’s just outrage marketing, which we’ve talked about before. They get clicks and shares whether you’re on the left and are outraged that they’re wrong, or on the right and are outraged at Dems in general.

Or as Michelle Wolf says: