Denuvo DRM - It works, and you're going to get more of it

Uh-oh again

Yes, crash and burn!

<HROSE>

“Unbreakable” copy protection comes around every couple years.

LOL.
[/quote]

</HROSE>

Does it say anything about copyrights in the Bible? Just curious.

I think it’s something like “God has the copyright for everything. He just sublicenses it to people.”

Or something to that effect.

I recall using the bible as one of the ‘sources’ for a university assignment I did on Digital Restriction Management/Copywrong tech and how it could be evaluated under 4 different “moral” systems :)

Pretty sure DRM ended up on the wrong side in all 4 of them.

Bible translations are copyrighted. The King James is often used when quoting since the copyright does not come into play etc.

According to the “Copyright Act”, any work published prior to 1923 is in the public domain. This means many older translations are fair use:

King James Version
Revised Standard Version (but not the NRSV)
Duoay-Rheims
Young’s Literal
Darby
JPS Bible (but not the New JPS nor the Jerusalem Bible)

Also the modern translations allow quotation of chapter and verses in whole or in part without breaking their copyright. As long as you don’t duplicate a certain percentage of the translation and pass it off as your own work.

And the turnaround for cracking Denuvo seems to be about 4 days ago. Tekken redid its Denuvo, and got cracked again tonight.

Surely they’d get the last remaining sales by removing Denuvo after the game has been liberated, instead of doubling down on its continued use in further patches (+ forcing people to wait years for it to appear on GOG - unless those people don’t just download it for free and bypass the whole transaction stuff altogether.).

Anyhoo, 4 days on (latest version?) of Denuvo is quite an improvement. Wonder how the supposed lawsuit against Denuvo goes.

Most people literally could not care less about DRM in use as long as their game works.

Unfortunately true. Because most people play the game once when it’s new and then toss it aside for the next latest.

I can certainly understand where they’re coming from, but that viewpoint doesn’t help someone like me in the slightest.

Most people, apparently, can’t point our North Korea on a map, that doesn’t mean we have to cater to the bottom.

Probably not going to go well, since it looks on the surface like a blatant patent troll against Denuvo.

Statement from VMProtect.

That was a shame.

Oh well, at least they are getting closer to getting it down to 0 days so companies will hopefully stop using it.

Yes, that’ll happen. And then in a year or so another “unbreakable” DRM scheme will arise and our panties will get all bunched up yet again.

It’s already been ten years since the destructive StarForce.

Ah yes, Starforce - the destroyers of cd-roms. I think they helped me become a Stardock customer actually (it was around that time I got GalCiv2 anyway…)

We fought off evil back then, and hopefully we’ll win this time as well. While our other liberties are being stripped one by one, at least we can enjoy games we purchased many years ago that still work. That reminds me, maybe I should finish the Witcher 2 (GOG version).

We already won, Denuvo gets cracked in 4 days now. But the cycle will begin again, soon enough.