Denuvo DRM - It works, and you're going to get more of it

More like cracked in hours now… This DRM is dead.

Yay!

Now, we wait to see what DRM solution gets peddled next!

I thought Denuvo was pretty light weight and easy to ignore, and it never caused any problems for me, so my concern is whatever they come up with next will be awful for consumers to make it more effective. Sigh.

I’m with you. If the drm doesn’t impact me in any negative way then I don’t even think about it. As far as I’m concerned the content creator has every right to try and protect their creation, or offer it without any drm if they wish. As far as making it available for historical purposes, I think that is also up to the content creator. I think a good middle of the road solution would be to have drm at release and remove it after a year or so, so they can protect the initial sales. They could keep the drm longer if they think it helps protect their sales to help them earn a living.

There was that EU study that came to the conclusion that piracy doesn’t impact sales, so the content creator needs to determine what they think works best for them. Maybe no drm is the way to go, but it is their choice.

I share your thoughts. I never had any issue with Denuvo, I was unaware it was there unless someone mentioned it on a particular game in this forum. If they’re going to do DRM, that’s how I’d like them to do it.

Every time they roll out a new one, I feel like it’s a roll of the dice. I don’t want another Starforce situation, so I’m not really going to applaud the demise of Denuvo. It’s not like it’ll stop publishers from using DRM schemes.

Did we ever find out the technical background behind how it works and how it was cracked?

The solution to DRM is to create analog video games instead of digital.

Good, I hope all the microtransactions and loot boxes are cracked also. Fuck day1 DLC.

Locking shit behind loot boxes on a $60 game is just kind of gross. If loot boxes are an alternative to the $60 price tag, fine, but not this.

This is the future gamers bought and paid for, one $2.50 pack of gems at a time.

More and more, I’m grateful I dedicate all my hobby gaming time to tabletop play. . .

edit: not that Paizo’s policy of monetizing character powerups via splatbooks is in any way consumer friendly. But then again, I don’t play Pathfinder :-D

DSOG reports that Denuvo present in preview builds of The Evil Within 2 has been removed for the shipping version:
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/evil-within-2-gets-launch-trailer-will-not-using-denuvo/

Bethesda previously used it in Dishonored 2, Doom, and Prey.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s the first time a game that would have had Denuvo stripped it out before release? That’s got to be the start of the end, then, right?

Yeah until the next “unbreakable” copy protection comes along.

Yep pretty sure that’s right.

Ubisoft is seeing some success with their newest scheme.

Combo method with a new version of Denuvo and VMProtect.

Added bonus of 100% CPU utilization.

Who’s to say if it’s down to the combo, or just the newest Denuvo at this point:

DSOGaming also points out that in addition to VMProtect Origins is using a new version of Denuvo shared by Sonic Forces, Injustice 2, Football Manager 2018, Need for Speed Payback and Star Wars Battlefront 2. As it stands right now, all of those games remain uncracked.

Give it time and those games will be liberated as well.