Derek Smart's Credentials

The frieght train is coming, wumpus.

You’ve been warned . . .

Whatever

First it should be stated that, for many years, Mr. Smart lied that he had a fully accredited degree.

Mr. Smart is lying about everything he said regarding what I’ve said and about Dr. John Bear’s book. Mr. Smart has admitted that his “alma mater” is listed in the degree mill chapter of Dr. John Bear’s book. What this means is that his “school” is just like your example. Mr. Smart did absolutely no work for his college degrees to just doing insignificant work (like maybe as much as a book report). Due to the threat of frivilous and harassing lawsuits, Dr. John Bear does not place any institution in the degree mill chapter of his book unless they are totally and clearly bogus.

Here’s what I believe to be the complete proof to all that I’ve stated.

http://follies.werewolves.org/PhDFraud/

The first section in the above web page covers most of it.

I warn you that in private emails in the past Derek has told people that his school was LIT and on other occasions ACCIS. LIT doesn’t even exist as a diploma mill in Dr. John Bear’s guide nor is it a real college in the UK. ACCIS is not in the UK and has never even offered a PhD program. In the email exchanges with Derek’s lawyer, the lawyer indicated that the source of Derek’s diploma was a place in the UK.

edit to add a link to the list of all legal degree granting UK colleges
http://follies.werewolves.org/archives/1History/3PhrauD/GovEmailListOfSchools.htm

You know what the scary thing is? Bill Huffman and Derek Smart [color=darkred]are the same person!!![/color] It’s true, just as Gollum and Norman Bates had issues, so does Derek/Bill. I’m just hoping that the Derek side of this man eventually overcomes the Bill side. Mainly because the Derek side is funnier.

Mr. Smart has only a tenuous hold on reality because much of his concept of reality, his very ego, is replaced by the falsehoods that he lives. When these falsehoods are threatened by the truth then he viciously lashes out, usually with more lies. The cycle of struggle that Mr. Smart appears to exhibit with me is really against himself as he struggles to prop up his pathetically weak ego by claiming false accomplishments and abilities. When those lies are corrected, it seems to him to be a personal attack because it feels like a direct attack against his ego. It also explains his silly and grandiose threats because he is trying to make himself feel more powerful and in control. This is a classic problem for a narcissist. This is why the narcissist temper is so volatile.

Is there a section in the Guiness Book of World Records for longest running troll? If there is, maybe someone can see who holds the current record and what that record is, so we can have a target date for this all to end. I am fairly concvinced that once we quit replying to this thread the conversation will continue between Mr. Have Fun and Mr. Bill Huffman indefinitely. If not on this board, then in his head.

First of all, Whatever

Second, I know for a FACT that (a) you just made up that shit (b) since you don’t have proof of ANY of that - hence the reason you cite private emails because as soon as you are challenged to offer that particular proof, you’re going to spin it into something else. So, prove me wrong and post this private email evidence you have and any other evidence that is FACTUAL proof of this. Thank You.

oh, and don’t even think of posting your stupid Lost In Time thread from the Usenet because I’m sure your ass is still burning up from that roasting. I’ll just go dig up the thread now, you POS.

Nowhere have I ever - EVER told anyone in the public or the media (except Mark Asher, who has know about it since 1997 and I still have the email - and he kept it to himself since - and a few others e.g James Martiney the Ph.D. guy from Princeton) - ANYTHING - about where I got my degree or ANYTHING of the sort. Because its nobody’s business.

The ONLY time you EVER even got wind that it was unaccredited, is when Ed Bains made my email public and you captilized on the degree mill slant to your satisfaction. As always. And even THEN, I didn’t tell him [Ed] the name. Which, if I wanted to tell him, I would have. YOU made up that LIT rubbish to suit YOUR argument because you just happened to find a diploma mill that fits the acronym. The way jackass fits your name to a T.

I use all manner of acronyms and I am quite notorious for it. When I said LIT (Lost In time) to someone, you took it and ran. You should look in my other thread where I told Wumpus to SMD. Why, because I’d rather not type it up. There are many others, you psychotic twit.

And as soon as you take your sorry ass out of that trailer park and actually buy one of Dr. Bear’s books, I’m sure that you’ll be able to come up with more ludicrous nonsense that would be even more fitting that the one you’re embarking on right now.

And one thing I DO know - unlike you - is that the people here to whom I have told it - and to whom I have shown it - including the scanned page from Dr Bear’s book (14th edition mentioned above), KNOW FOR A FACT, that EVERYTHING you posted above - like everything else - is all LIES and BLATANT rubbish.

And btw, you jackass, when Jeff Green came to visit me for this interview, my degrees, along with everything else (photos etc) were all sitting firmly on my walls where they belong. In fact, he probably has photos of my wall somewhere in his archives because we took several pictures, one of which was of my massive software library which occupies and entire wall from floor-to-ceiling). He never asked (though I remember discussing it) me about it (I dunno if he even looked at all the crap lined up on my walls). And I certainly won’t have agreed to his visit if I had anything to hide. Several others have visited me (incl. media, employees, contractors etc). You are the ONLY git on the planet to whom this is important. NOBODY GIVES A SHIT.

And you have the nerve to call my narcistic!! You. A proven PSYCHOTIC HARRASSER WITH A HISTORY OF CRIMINAL CYBERSTALKING. You should look in the mirror.

Your turn. oops sorry, you’re at work. my bad. Well, I’m off on a nice vacation, I’m sure I’ll catch you foolishness when I get back. Just make sure no harm comes to me until I get back - because without me, your sorry life is MEANINGLESS. And if ANY harm were to come to me, you know for a FACT that you’re the FIRST person thats going to be arrested.

Derek Smart Ph.D.
Designer/Lead Developer
The Battlecruiser Series
Thank God that real life is nothing like MMORPGs. If I go to the Mall and
fall to the floor motionless, the chances of everybody coming and killing
my ass are basically zero. In fact, my guess is that people will rush over
and try to help me
- SpoofyChop over at QT3A

Well Bill, at least he’s addressing you directly again, instead of referring to you in the 3rd person.

You’d better hope he doesn’t slip & sprain an ankle or anything . . . they’ll arrest you first.

‘From hell’s heart, I stab at thee. For
hate’s sake, I spit my last breath at thee.’

[size=6]Kahn![/size]

So Mr. Smart, if you didn’t like my explanation then please explain why you have such a fit when the truth is presented to you?

[size=2]bizarre double post, second copy removed.[/size]

This pic makes me think one of the Wayan brothers is fighting for Iraq. That and I think he is using the bowl from a salad spinner for a helmet.

chet

Great work, guys, but keep it up! More funny pictures before Derek replies! And someone get a dinosaur in here! Hurry!

-Tom

You know, for kids:

Ah, yes, the good old Derek Smart flamewar.

I personally wouldn’t care much about Mr Smart’s private life, although his tantrums are amusing. But unfortunately he makes computer games too, and he fooled me twice with his false promises of a dynamic starship simulation. Only after observing his hilarious behaviour at the 3000ad.com forums, which he turned into a ghosttown by banning everyone who disagreed with him, I became interested in his past. It has provided me with numerous laughs. He never delivers what he promises (BCM MP patch, anyone?), but won’t hesitate to write page after page of excuses, empty boasting and horrible cussing.

One of my favourite Derek moments which illustrates his personality nicely is this thread at the 3000.ad forum. Someone complains about what is obviously an integer overflow bug, but Derek, unable as usual to admit his own mistakes, says:

Forgot to reply to this. Anyway, I got 'em but by that time, I’d already looked at the code and determined that negative inventory has been supported in all previous BC games - but it never became a problem because it was hard to deplete a station’s resources…So, its not a bug. It works as designed.

“It works as designed” is his usual reply to all complaints. What he doesn’t say is how deeply flawed and unplayable his designs are.

So, while Huffman does seem a bit obsessive, his restless biographical work is unfortunately necessary to paint the true picture of Derek Smart.

So, while Huffman does seem a bit obsessive, his restless biographical work is unfortunately necessary to paint the true picture of Derek Smart.

Let’s go, people. We need more dinosaur pictures over here, stat!

-Tom