Derek Strikes Back

http://www.dereksmart.com/forum/

Ok then.

Very, uh, interesting. His format is a direct steal from this forum, and “Half past Five” is exactly double “Quarter to Three.” I guess he’s not-so-subtly implying that he’s twice as good as this place.

Rock on, Derek.

I wonder if anybody would be allowed to post “Battlecuzer is teh suckx” on there.

Lets find out, shall we? :lol:

Nice one Xpav. :)

– Xaroc

I wasn’t here when this guy was stirring up shit, but I have the vaguest recollection of reading a gaming magazine years ago with an interview with this guy, for some sort of “end all be all” game he was developing named Battlesomething 3000 AD or some shit.

Is that memory right? And if so, whatever happened to his genius game?

I have to admit that I’ve never been as annoyed by his postings as some people, I guess. Did he have an especially bad run or something to get banned?

Bottom line is that I respect what he’s accomplished even if his game isn’t my all time favorite (I’ve messed with it and it is pretty fun here and there).

Derek himself wasn’t that bad but when his arch nemisis Huffman showed up started in on his typical BS Derek got pissed. Tom and Mark asked them both to cool it and eventually banned Huffman forever and Derek for a short time because neither would let it go. Then Derek came back still ticked off and either got banned again or left of his own accord over still not letting it go. That is how I recall it happening. I could be wrong.

– Xaroc

Your ass is going to be SO banned! :lol:

Derek himself wasn’t that bad but when his arch nemisis Huffman showed up started in on his typical BS Derek got pissed. Tom and Mark asked them both to cool it and eventually banned Huffman forever and Derek for a short time because neither would let it go. Then Derek came back still ticked off and either got banned again or left of his own accord over still not letting it go. That is how I recall it happening. I could be wrong.

– Xaroc[/quote]

Sounds about right to me. I enjoyed a lot of Derek’s postings, myself, and wish the whole Huffman mess had never happened. Ah well.

Derek Smart has a long history of confrontation on USENET and forums.

He and his “detractors” chase each each other round the moons of Nibia, and round the Antares Maelstrom, and round perdition’s flames, and never, ever give up.

Its all rather silly, actually. If Derek would just stop responding, stop threatening legal action, and stop righting pages and pages that no one reads, then his “detractors” would just go away.

I noticed that each member registered on a day with the number 8 in it and 10 days from the previous member… I’m not sure really what that means, just found it a bit interesting.

I never had any problems with Derek Smart personally. I did think that he did have a problem with learning how to ignore people who would try and actually succeed in baiting him into a flame war. Maybe I would be the same if I had to go through what he does. Sometimes though, the way Derek Smart posts does rub me off as someone who thinks he is better then everyone else. It could be me just reading his posts the wrong way of course. :D

He does need to learn to ignore the asses that follow him around, especially when he starts defending himself like he’s telling survival stories from Compton. But as I said, I do resepct what he’s done with the game.

I agree that he seems to have an air of superiority to him which is a shame because I think that his game has real potential if he didn’t hold onto it so tightly.

Mr. Smart is actually the guy who showed me this place (indirectly of course). It was mentioned on his 3000ad site and I followed the link. I was psyched to see a place where so many industry people would come and chat.

Ok, that’s it. We’re renaming this place Quarter to Three plus Infinity. Now no one can beat us.

That is great Mark. :laughing:

– Xaroc

Infinity…+1!!!

To Infinity…and Beyond!

Derek Smart’s Desktop Commander - A classic from SA. Pretty much sums him up.

— Alan

But that’s just the same as infinity

:lol: :lol: :lol: