DERPSPACE: Encounter at Regula O.S.S. |OT| A bold new space game by Gordon Cameron

Wasn’t he on the PC Gamer “New Game Gods” cover?

No he was on GQ I think.

My mistake. I find the two easily confused.

Which two is an exercise left to the reader.

Here’s a sneak peek at our amazing new solar system engine! (I’m actually rather ‘chuffed’ as they say to have coded this.)

It’s… it’s beautiful.

If you take this joke too far and end up making an actual game in character mode, you’ll be the ultimate indie hipster developer.

Bite your tongue. This is no more a joke than its chief competitor, Star Citizen.

I think ‘ironic game designer’ is gonna blow up as a career option in the next decade.

“What do you do?”
“I make ‘games’.”

Do you mean… or… uh…

So, I missed the last 200 posts in this thread. Can someone please digest them for me? Thanks. I have martinis to drink.

Will I be able to summon crew members to my quarter’s, lock the door behind them, and begin furiously masturbate in front of them? Asking for a friend.

Is that furiously masturbating, as in being really mad when you’re rubbing one out, or masturbating furiously? Asking for a English teacher friend.

It can be both you’ll be the first I’ll try it out on.

Yes, but only if the crew member is a Horta.

NO SEXUALLY HARASS I

Ha! I just got that!

slow_clap_citizen_kane

Um, duh. I mean derp. I had to look that one up!

I know you’ve all been dying for the latest DERPSPACE update, so here’s another glimpse of our amazing procedural (by which I mean, it runs on a computer) solar system engine!

Not only do the planets’ orbits increment for each time you move your ship, but also the ship’s graphics have now been given a 300% increase in rotational fidelity! The ship now points in the direction you move it!

The solar system module alone now clocks in at an astonishing 282 lines of code!