DERPSPACE: Encounter at Regula O.S.S. |OT| A bold new space game by Gordon Cameron

AAA gaming is obsolete, this is AAAAAAAAAAAHHH gaming

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PC gaming is domed because of this.

don’t be so negative, i heard g-sync is supported for legacy systems

I prefer NSYNC, actually.

Will this have loot crates?

Will this have loot crates?

We’ve seen the righteous user backlash against that Star Wars game and have concluded that implementing loot crates in DERPSPACE would be a betrayal of the sacred bond between player and developer. Also, they look friggin’ hard to code.

Meanwhile, we would like to announce the Derpassian Garbage Scow! It can hold massive quantities of space refuse as it plies the interstellar trading lanes keeping the cosmos clean!

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-==>

On Black Friday only, the Derpassian Garbage Scow can be yours for the low, low price of $279.99, plus $9.99 for additional garbage receptacle units.

Now my monitor has water all over it and it’s your fault. ;)

I’ll wait for the Derpassian TV News Spacevan with mk. 5 radome, but nice offer nonetheless.

That’s actually a graphical update, simulating gravitational lensing. First Derpspace mod created!

This thread needs a Derek Smart to keep things popping.

Can we buy land in DERPSPACE? I’m imagining how fun it would be to worry each month about making the payment on my space mortgage.

It’s on the roadmap, but we want to do it right. That means property taxes, health inspectors, bad plumbing, termites, sump pumps (not sure what that is, I just like to say ‘sump pump’), space sinkholes, tribble infestation, asbestos removal…

Ideally, landowning in DERPSPACE will provide 40-60 hours of gameplay per week just from filling out forms and haggling with exterminators.

Will there be homeowners associations to deal with?

Yes, and they will all be assholes. Accuracy is our watchword!

Fucking perfect.

Don’t forget fire ants. (No relation to our fire)

Wait, to buy this land when is the secured lending facility negotiation module going to be available? Will it account for debt amortisation as well as floating rate or fixed mortgages? Will there be a fully functioning derivatives market to allow you to purchase swaps? Will real estate transfer taxes be modelled?