DERPSPACE: Encounter at Regula O.S.S. |OT| A bold new space game by Gordon Cameron

I just finished playing an internal build as part of a feature coming to my gaming blog Eurogamer.net

I started as a dock worker loading cargo in and out of ships for 11 hours a day. It was tough work, my avatar slowly gained muscle mass and calloused hands. He hoped to catch the eye of a ship owner and get brought on as a janitor or other low level minion. However his left arm was crushed in an ‘accident’ where a Rainbow Card Concierge backer’s avatar hit him with a solid platinum pipe (included with all pledges over $21,000) and Dock Security’s advanced AI officers beat him down for being half Stantonish and arrested him for assault on a deadly weapon.

Unfortunately prison labor tasks are not a focus of the current beta testing (however I did receive a sneak peak of thestarship license plate polishing UI!) so my avatar was placed in cryo-storage for 11 years.

Ix-nay on the eaks-lay!

No, that wasn’t it at all. The gameplay was a bare fraction of what was promised and you know it.

Brian is still upset the z-Axis was left out of the final build.

PLUS NONE OF THE SHIPS HAD ROOVES.

None. Of. Them.

Totally immersion breaking.

We may have been slightly ambitious in our initial design documents for Fucklancer. During the arduous development process we winnowed the game down to its core essentials. For example, extensive playtesting revealed that our spaceship game needed neither space nor ships in order to provide a fulfilling player experience.

In any case, rather than endlessly revisit old feuds, we think it would be much more worthwhile to look toward the future. DERPSPACE is a quantum leap in depth and scope beyond Fucklancer, which however is a game of which we are very proud and which can still be purchased for the low, low price of $69.99. ($79.99 in Canada. Wait. Are Canadian dollars worth more or less than American ones?)

Well then how the hell do you defeat Khan?

Sauce for the goose, Mr. Saavik.

TempleOS support???

That’s on our roadmap, after we have completed support for Commodore BASIC, TI/99, TRS-80, Amstrad CPC, BBC Micro, Altair, Colecovision, Atari Lynx, Sears Tele-Games, and Ngage.

Okay, that killed me.

But what about controller support? will it accept a ps/2 input? what about MIDI?

Those are on our roadmap. First priority is Mindlink support.

These ship designs are NSFW. Please revise thread title.

The ship designs are based on extensive studies of structural principles in interstellar spacecraft design. Any prurient interpretation is strictly coincidental.

Sometimes a Derpassian Frigate is just a Derpassian Frigate.

Meanwhile, we are pleased to publish our 2018 roadmap:

Sheesh, will you all stop bumping this thread until its actually released.

DERPSPACE Alpha 1.2 is now officially released!

Changelog:

• In a 33.3% increase in player functionality, you now have the option to [F]ire a torpedo!
  • RANDOM DISASTERS: Each turn, there is now a slight chance that your ship will suffer a Random Disaster which may cost the life of one or more crewmembers! It’s dangerous out in space!
  • Ship Customization: You can now choose the name of your ship! The possibilities are endless as you christen your vessel with any combination of alphanumeric characters.
  • Client stability has been improved.

derpspace_alpha1-2

Where’s Derek?

There’s not going to be any microtransactions for this, right??

Busy writing a blog exposing Gordon_Cameron for the fraud he is.