DERPSPACE: Encounter at Regula O.S.S. |OT| A bold new space game by Gordon Cameron

It did not occur to me until just now that if CIG can sell JPEGs then you should be able to pay using JPEGs as well.

It makes sense… are cat pics accepted?

How about tooth pics?

In response to this generous outpouring of funding, I present a brand new ship: the Derpassian Stealth Shuttle!

Here is the picture:

Most impressive, I read on the wiki that the Derpassian’s have some of the best cloaking tech in the universe.

What do you call a human that could easily pass for a Derpassian?

A Derpassesian.

Wow I can barely see it… I bet with such advanced technology, that picture is going to sell like hotcakes.

I want a wall size canvas print of it. :)

I saw a link on Reddit to a imgur screenshot of a tweet, which said that the work on DERPSPACE has stalled due to the team switching to working from home due to Covid. The computers the team have at home just can’t handle the high quality assets of this game.

This break in essential services is unacceptable to us hypothetical crowdfunding backers. When will the team be forced back into the office?

I will defer to @lantz for an appropriate reply to your outburst.

I have assumed the position…

Will DERPSPACE support VR? I ask because I just got my first VR set today.

Man that must have set you back like $20. You could have bought a tiny jpeg with that money.

What is the current USD/JPEG exchange rate? Google doesn’t list it in its tool.

I don’t think there’s a direct conversion. Individual jpgs are variable commodities whose own values are based on likes and upvotes, and have been known to crater and fluctuate wildly during periods of online anxiety. And then one must convert said popularity to clicks and dollars.

It’s complicated.

I’ve been working on my design for a medical frigate for a couple of months now, it’s not completely done yet but I think you can get the idea.

I like that the flying lunchbox dinosaur is propelled by explosive butt gas.

Those stars are superb.

That planet looks able to sustain life!

Wait, I might have missed it, but does this mean that the game supports modding? Or have you joined the team?

Oh no they won’t have me on the “team”, their artistic and graphical stunningness standards are way too high. I’m just making fan art!

It looks to me like your content is just as functional and playable as the official content.

Mod support confirmed!