DERPSPACE: Encounter at Regula O.S.S. |OT| A bold new space game by Gordon Cameron

You can’t rush art, the game shouldn’t be released until it’s ready.

If you need something to buy while you’re waiting, may I suggest DERPSPACE NFT?

Every time this thread is bumped my heart leaps in the hope that the release is upon us.

Every. Time.

It might be, if I had not long since transcended the concept of linear time.

The real DERPSPACE is the friends we met along the way.

I know a good box quote when I see one.

Will there be widescreen support?

You haven’t lived till you’ve seen ASCII graphics displayed on this:

Look honey, that pixel is huge!

And loud!

Is the theater installation included in the 1 million dollar kickstarter tier?

Is there any news in the ongoing IP Infringement lawsuit against these scallywags?

Man that looks like my kind of game if it weren’t for the NFT bullshit.

Cross posting the latest updated info:

The silence about this is killing us @Gordon_Cameron. Early access in Q2 of this year? Did you line up RA Salvatore to write the story?

I think he is still focused on DERPNFTs™ , and counting the gold coins people pay for them.

I thought it was supposed to be George R R Martin? And Roland Emmerich. I am out of the loop, obviously.

That right, there was supposed to be a Moonfall and DERPSPACE crossover event! I wonder if it will still happen?

IT MUST HAPPEN.

And NFTs of course.

I think they should enable cross play between DERPSPACE and Star Citizen. I’d buy both games if that came to be!

I heard they dropped out in a dispute over royalties, with GRRM wanting .05% of all future DERPSPACE earnings and Gordon offering only .02%. With current sales projections, that could mean a $10 million hit to George.

We’ve added some things to the roadmap that might push development time out a bit. The main thing is that DERPSPACE™ is set in a technologically advanced future whose denizens would probably have the capability of simulating the reality of previous centuries. So, in DERPSPACE™ players will be able to enter a completely accurate simulation of 21st century Earth and, inside that simulation, play DERPSPACE™.

We anticipate this feature will require a couple extra months of development time. Do you know anyone who can make a photorealistic 3D model of the Earth and all its locations using ASCII graphics? Preferably someone who will accept payment in the form of access to my Steam backlog.