Destiny 2 - I don't have time to explain Bungie's MMO shooter 2.0

This was poor communication and planning on Bungie’s part, but people making a huge stink about it are just looking for something to complain about, imo.

If it was an isolated incident I am sure you’d see less complaints about it. It is more like there is a pattern of BS ever since release of Destiny 2 (being a prequel to Destiny 1 in terms of QOL features) that has lead to the
current level of salt.

My gut feeling is that Bungie resents this.

The entire point of “Let us Go or We Quit” to Microsoft was that they didn’t want to work on nothing but Halo.

But as soon as they signed that massive deal with Activision, they got under pressure to deliver Destiny, and nothing but.

Different Boss, Same Story.

Remember how Destiny was supposed to last a long time? But then various this happened, and they had to deliver Destiny 2, and on time, or else Activision gets a huge chunk of the company under the contract.

They delivered, and now it feels like they’re phoning it in.

I kinda agree a bit that Destiny 2, while very polished, lacks that something special that made the first Destiny so much fun. I know reviewers pissed all over Destiny 1, but that game had a certain something and was one of those “more fun than it is good” experiences.

Destiny 2 just kinda lacks that quality. I have a hard time putting my finger on it, but Destiny 2 just feels flat for some reason.

Well, Destiny had a higher difficulty mode that Destiny 2 lacks. I know only me and @TurinTur seem to care about that in this thread, but I think that’s the primary thing that Destiny 2 lacks that Destiny 1 had (and which was later, for all practical purposes, patched out of Destiny 1).

Hey I realize this is likely one hell of a long shot but any Xbox Destiny 2 folks up for trying out the Trials? It’s like the last thing I have never really tried. Kind of like to see what it’s all about.

Funny to read the reddit where Trials player complain about the dwindling population yet still refuse to accept that a solo-queue option would be a good thing. (goes for all activities really).

Well, they did add heroic strikes which are more fun and both the raid and nightfall offer a decent challenge. I don’t think that’s the issue for me, though we definitely have dramatically different ways we play Destiny.

True, I play it as a single player game almost exclusively so challenging strikes or raids aren’t really something I can do alone.

They added Heroic Strikes? Cool, I will have to reinstall the games.

The raid and the nightfall strikes offers a decent challenge, yeah, but they are like, 10% of the full game. In addition the party system is a pain in the ass (I understand it for the raid, but not for Nightfall strikes).

Heroic Strikes*

* withouth modifiers.

They are fun, but a shadow of what they where in D1.

And they offer no additional/unique rewards.

Nightfall has set limitations/boosts and a time limit, whereas the raid can be run at your own “phase” and checkpointed for easy retry at a particular encounter failure. Both of them can be run perfectly fine with matchmaking, there isn’t actually a lot of pre-screening interviews and reading through of CV’s before I pick someone from DTG Discord to do Raid/Nightfall with, I usually just throw my bnet there and invite the first people that add me.

I guess you could argue that a player that uses a 3rd party app/web-site to faciliate playing the game (because the designers are fubar or come from an alternative galaxy where matchmaking and “dungeon finder” hasn’t existed since before some of them were born…) is more likely to be 1. interested in completing the content and 2. competent enough to complete the content, the 2. is never a guarantee and the 1. probably goes for the 1000s of console players who do not have a laptop available to “LFG!”.

BungLe just have one mindboggling design mistake after another, you’d think we were looking at a polar opposite of Star Citizen, where instead of being unable to implement good ideas they are able to implement each and every shitty idea.

I completed a pair of Nightfall strikes with random players, you just need to be good at the game and rush whenever you can rush.

The Raid requires actual communication and coordination, like, full stop. Otherwise it can’t be played.

You don’t even need to be all that good, took me two attempts to get through a nightfall strike with a couple of fandoms a while back. Think we got through on our second try, and while I had a headset on either my teammates did not or just declined to speak.

Yeah, I said good but it would be more accurate to say ‘competent’. My point is, they should allow public matchmaking for it, like with the normal versions of Strikes.

Well, I believe Raids can be done with matchmaking, but you’re perfectly fine to NOT use matchmaking to form your raid teams if you want to :-)

Hell, do it like Raids in WOW, First week you have to get there through the “difficult” way of posting in LFG or w.e., then the week after its open for Matchmaking. Then people can feel “elite” by having completed it without all those filthy casual scrubs using a queue to get into the raids.

So… they didn’t added Heroic Strikes to Destiny 2. They added Heroic Strikes to the Osiris expansion. Which is different.

Awww. That’s disappointing.

Can you at least still do the Nightfall if you have the base game?

Yes, since they started being available on pc. Though rushing and fighting ‘against the clock’ isn’t my cup of tea.

This just popped up in my feed, so I gave it a read. Honestly I see what they’re getting at, but I have the complete opposite reaction. Instead of making the player feel like they’re the special ONE, they should have developed a storyline that acknowledged that a whole group of Guardians were getting their Light back, and that you were part of a greater movement. Then again, I’ve grown fairly disillusioned with the idea of celebrity/hero stuff. Meh.

Though I will agree that having your Ghost voice all of your lines was lame.