Destiny 2 - I don't have time to explain Bungie's MMO shooter 2.0

Downloaded this on my XSX last night, after @Timex mentioned it over in the GP thread. I’m so weak. I haven’t played since after Forsaken/before Shadowfall. Nice that they just power you up to the 1100 light level, and that my old loadouts seem highly effective for the (now ‘Legacy’) Shadowfall content, and that there’s lots of tooltips and guides to get you up to speed as a returning player. That said, the animated intro when I loaded it up yesterday was pretty funny- they literally say “Mars, Mercury… (etc)… have all disappeared, and we don’t know why” to sort of explain the deprecated content.

The gameplay is as fun as ever, and it looks and runs really, really well with the 4k upgrade on the Series X. I got roped into some random group of players doing whatever the Well of Souls-equivalent on the Moon was, and had an absolute blast, and the game never slowed down a whit, even with hordes of beasties and effects on the screen. I have to dig into the new armour and Ghost upgrading systems, though- I have no idea what’s going on with those.

All that said, they pushed the upgrade to the full season pass, which I guess would get me the ‘old’ content from the last season… For $60? Which seems a bit nuts?