Destiny 2 - I don't have time to explain Bungie's MMO shooter 2.0

Once again, a big middle finger to this:

[quote]
PlayStation timed exclusive content until at least Fall 2018[/quote]

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Meh. As long as it actually comes out on PC eventually I don’t give a shit. It’s not like I’m gonna buy a PS4.

If given a choice between PC or console for a shooter/MMO, I’m going to choose PC every time regardless of any timed exclusivity. It’s just frustrating.

@Shellfishguy You better practice, I don’t Destiny with scrubs! ;P

Pretty much my story exactly.

Leaked PC boxart? Supposedly from a Spanish retailer. Source here, but the thread was deleted.

[quote]
From the creators of Destiny, a highly acclaimed game, the extremely anticipated sequel is coming up. A first person action shooter that places you in an epic adventure through the Solar System.
The last city on Earth has fallen before an overwhelming invasive force under Ghaul, the towering commander of the Red Legion. Guardians are running out of power, and the few survivors have left. You will venture in mysterious, uncharted worlds from the Solar System to discover devastating weapons and combat abilities. In order to defeat the Red Legion and face Ghaul, you will need to gather the surviving heroes from the City and fight back together to claim back home.[/quote]

[quote]
Collector’s Edition:

Destiny 2 game
Expansions I and II including quests, coop activities, multiplayer content and tons of armor and gear
Legendary sword DLC
Legendary emote DLC
Cabal empire emblem DLC
“Frontier” physical bag
“Frontier” kit including USB charger with solar panel
A paracord
A solar rug
Limited edition steelbook
Collector’s edition cabal themed premium box, including a notebook, a map, and collectibles such as postcards and “pawns from the Empire”[/quote]

Nice. No more Hub between missions? How will they handle the MMO aspects of the game now?

Maybe a space station or a Bunker? ;)

There’s always that hub in the asteroid belt. Where the queen was?

You know. A solar rug. It’s the rug with the solar.

This is the current rumor:

"The plan, from what I’ve heard, is for Destiny 2’s planets to feel more populated with towns, outposts, and quests that are more interesting than the patrol missions you can get in Destiny…

…Destiny 2 is being overhauled so that they can build upon it in the future without having to work within the frame work limitations that D1 setup. Right now, the way things play out, they have to introduce playspaces so that players can engage in systems or activities, but it creates a huge barrier that must be overcome on both the networking & design side so, they’re going to do more open playspaces that incorporate towns, outposts, etc into more common areas. This means fewer hardlines for areas and having them be gated by menus. Goal is to have players conducting things & making activity decisions while still in control of their character, instead of having to exit out into an activity hub. Think of how in WoW, you hit a button and queue into activities you want to do all while still playing your character.

Major narrative changes are on board for D2. Both in terms of plot direction, pacing & structure. Major focus is going to be on the Cabal & Saturn. Saturn is a playspace is set to be bigger than all of the playspaces currently implemented in the game combined. This is in large part of the scale of playspaces being redesigned, so it’ll be both bigger & denser with activities. There’s a reason Guardians take the fight to Saturn. "

BUT WHY DOES THE RUG NEED SOLAR?

Also screw you Discourse with your caps nonsense.

What else would the rug use? Diesel?

So this got me to search for Vin Diesel rugs, in which case I found:

http://www.cafepress.com/+fast_furious_winning_5x7area_rug,1647500082

It’s official. Sept 8th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

More details coming.

Collector’s Edition image:

It’s a “solar blanket” which makes a lot more sense.

That is an epic trailer.

Collector’s looks pretty cool, but 250 bucks is rather steep. Wonder if the Amazon 20% discount applies.

http://i.imgur.com/uu9pmDP.gif

Does anything carry forward if you played Destiny? I know they said player characters wouldn’t, just wondering if anything does.