Destiny 2 - I don't have time to explain Bungie's MMO shooter 2.0

Once I finish updating I’ll check, but I believe it’s somewhere in the bottom right of the screen.

From the changelog:

Call to arms

Reduced the amount needed to complete the milestone to align it with other weekly milestones

I like that change. I got the Call to Arms in 5 matches despite being on average the 3rd best player in the team. That’s an acceptable amount of Crucible per week.

I’m glad to hear that, I’ve resisted that quest because I’m not wild about Crucible. I like it better than D1, though.

Crucible is tolerable right now because a lot of people are trying it out and it’s not completely dominated by tryhards. Just stick with your team and don’t sprint around corners and you’ll do ok.

Yeah, I was shocked to play a couple of Crucible rounds early on and ended up with a k/d ratio above 1. That never happened in the first game. But I’m sure by now lots of people have the arenas memorized and all the best ambush points sussed out.

I’m shocked at how effective the titan barrier is right now. Other players don’t even know what it is half the time I drop it, they just shoot at it thinking it will go down like Reinhardt’s shield or something.

Awwww man. Call to Arms goal resets every week? That sucks. I’d been doing Crucible matches all week, doing one or two every day. Yesterday I had it built up to 54% of the goal. So if it’s a weekly thing, that means all that will be reset to zero today. Pfffft. Stupid Call to Arms.

I guess that means I should play more than one or two Crucible matches every day if I want that achievement.

Wait til you get the Rat King quest, you have to play some crucible as part of it. Can knock out two birds with one, you know, whatever.

Rat King quest is something you get following one of those blue quests that show up after the game ends?

Yeah, think it’s on Titan. I was doing those last night until I fell asleep. I really shouldn’t drink and play games.

I think each planet’s blue quests lead to an exotic. On Earth you get MIDA Multitool, on Titan you get Rat King. I haven’t started the other planets yet so I’m not sure about them, but I’m sure you can google it.

For Rat King, you don’t have to win the Crucible Matches, just complete 2 of them. The hard part of that quest is speed-running the Nightfall. I still haven’t been able to complete that step.

They halved the requirements in yesterday’s changes, so you should have just squeaked by.

The other thing is that you’ll get more progress on that track for games where you get lots of kills / other forms of scoring. I think if multiple people are shooting at the same target when they die, all of them get credit for the kill. So staying with the team and concentrating fire is not only a good tactic, it’s also the most effective way of reducing the number of Crucible games you need to play for this milestone.

Apparently they made call to arms way easier to get… like only half as many matches required.

Got my Rat King, this week’s Nightfall is a good one for that. There’s a fixed time limit, so no need to perform tricks to collect all the extra time. And all the class abilities recharge super fast. If you have a void Hunter in the party, they can basically stay permanently invisible and do most of the unlocks with no fighting.

(But the boss is no joke; in the final phase you can end up with so many adds on the field that you can’t survive more than a few seconds after respawning. And you’d better have run the Pyramidion strike often enough to get past the instakill traps reliably).

I’m your huckleberry.

Yeah, I’ve got a fully-unlocked (all sub-classes) and decently equipped Hunter and Warlock. I’d love to unlock my Rat King later this week. Boardgames tonight.

I’m starting to run out of things to do, though I’ve easily gotten my money’s worth from Destiny 2.

Got 2/3 characters to 300 light with this reset. Still need to grind a bit with the Titan before cashing in the already achieved Milestones; but expect it to hit 300 as well.

Did the non-boss parts of the Raid tonight with a group that had run it before (and could therefore give me the simplest job). It was fun, even though I was technically not doing anything but following a very short list of orders. “Stand here; shoot at stuff; when X happens, do this; then shoot at this different stuff”. Though always instructions that were just ambiguous enough that the first couple of failures were on me doing something wrong.

Obviously there are some jobs that require a much higher quality combat execution, communication and decision making. So I’m definitely interested in running it a few more times and learning the other roles too. As it is, getting to the raid chests was the hardest part :) I really want to do the next raid blind or semi-blind; working out what’s really going on in these things and coming up with a strategy sounds like just my thing.

I also gave the Prestige Nightfall a couple of attempts with people who’d managed to do it once before. That thing is just brutal; it’s like everything one- or two-shots you. So it appears to require some ridiculous cheesing and flawless execution. (How ridiculous? I asked what weapons I should bring, and was told it didn’t really matter. But having pulse grenades was mandatory. The only way they’d found to kill the boss fast enough was with pulse grenade spam. Guns and supers were mainly for clearing adds).

Does anyone new to Destiny not know about https://destinyitemmanager.com?

It’s almost essential, letting you manage inventory across all your characters and the vault entirely from the website, from anywhere in the game, as well as saving and equipping specific loadouts or maximizing your power. It’s embarrassing that Bungie doesn’t have something like this of their own (and that their in-game inventory handling is so clunky for that matter).

Enjoy!

Why is it useful to access that stuff outside the game?

And possibly related question: What do you store in the vault? Don’t you just keep one type of each weapon and one type of each armor and recycle the rest for currency? You don’t need the vault for that, you can just keep that in your inventory.

So far I’m keeping one of each legendary weapon while I get a feel for what’s good. At some point space will make that impractical, but for now, I’m keeping everything purple I can get my hands on. So it’s helpful to quickly see if I’ve already got one of something I just picked up, and then swap out and dismantle the lower power one (or use the higher power one to infuse something else).

I’m also working on a couple different sets of armor, which is almost purely for aesthetic reasons and not nearly as big a collection (there are some ugly styles I’m never going to bother collecting), but it’s helpful in the same way there.

DIM also recently added a UI feature where legendary gear that also has legendary mods has a gold border around it, which is very useful if you’re trying to remember what’s expendable and what you’ve already “invested” in with a mod.

And to clarify it’s not so much that I’m doing this outside of the game, but that while playing, I don’t have to go back to the tower or farm to access the vault. I can just find a safe corner wherever I am—in a mission, on patrols, etc.—and start moving stuff around.