Destiny 2 - I don't have time to explain Bungie's MMO shooter 2.0

I already played through base Destiny 2. Are they removing content from Forsaken and Shadowkeep in 45 days?

An exact breakdown of content that will get vaulted when Beyond Light releases on Nov 10: https://www.bungie.net/en/Guide/dcv

TL;DR: The left side of the Director (Mars. Mercury, Titan, Io) and their related activities will go into the vault.

Red War (base campaign), Curse of Osiris and Warmind are legacy campaigns from Amanda Holliday that will be vaulted. To start the Forsaken campaign, go to the Last Call mission in Tangled Shore. To start Shadowkeep, I think you go to the Moon.

I’ve started playing the base F2P version in like August and am now going through Forsaken.

Holy crap, you won’t be able to play the base campaign after November 10? That’s wild.

Are Curse of Osiris and Warmind something that was added after launch? And do we have access to them on Game Pass? Or do they cost money?

I believe they were added after launch and yes, we have them on Game Pass (along with all other DLC). I started Curse of Osiris last night.

Curse of Osiris and Warmind were smaller post-launch expansion campaigns that were included when Destiny 2 went F2P in October 2019. CoO is a Mercury-centric campaign while Warmind is a Mars-centric one.

If you have Game Pass, you have everything for Destiny 2 except a Season Pass. That is still a separate optional purchase. But besides the Season Pass, everything else Destiny 2 is now available with Game Pass.

What’s on the season pass?

Specifics here, but Season Pass generally gives mostly cosmetics, some extra quests and early access to specific gear:
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/SeasonOfArrivals

Yeah I saw that, but it gets kind of confusing having all these seasonal events and gear but also this season pass that you can buy? But I think this probably has all the details of what you get:

the pass also gives a lot of resources which can greatly ease the leveling process. I just started playing again after barely touching it when it first went f2p

Trying to complete Mars before they nuke it…(While listening to AMiGA music).

Made improvements to Sleeper Node RNG on Mars.

• When combining Resonate Stems, it is very unlikely that the resulting Override Frequency will unlock a node in your current area. For example, if you need to unlock a node in Heatsink, you should leave Heatsink before creating an Override Frequency.
  • Destiny 2 has an internal checklist of nodes you have unlocked. This checklist is separate from the count you see in game, and prior to this fix, the checklist would frequently be cleared. Clearing this checklist is the reason duplicates were so common. Going forward, the checklist will never be cleared.
  • Note: If you create an Override Frequency for a node that you have opened in the past, you should open the node again instead of deleting the Override Frequency. This will allow the internal checklist to be updated, and help prevent future duplicates.

First two I did the other day were duplicates of each other.

Still at 39 after that video. Not getting the last node I need “Futurescape.plaza.console”.

Spent soo much time trying to get it. At first I wasted probably 300 of those items, as I didn’t know the stupid system of not letting you make a new key from the location you were at… well, it would let you, but you wouldn’t get a key for anywhere close to where you are standing… (before those patch notes, for an expansion 2 years old, they now fix… a few months before they terminate the place…)

I fired up the game. What’s funny is that the character I finished the game with has 656 as the big number (whatever that means), and the second character I created but didn’t really play has er… I forgot, I think 700. Whatever, the point is, the lower level character who I never played has a higher number than the character I put 60 hours into.

The game showed me two CGI movies that seemed to be completely unrelated to one another, confusing me a great deal, and then dumped me on a planet I don’t remember seeing before, in front of a giant pyramid from the second cutscene. I followed the waypoints until I got to some enemies, who immediately killed me, and the game told me it recommended a light level of 750. (I’m 656). What the heck? Then why did it put me in this mission to start the game?

I believe new characters now start at 750 light. I think if you hit the tower you should be able to obtain 750 equipment. If you go into your user interfact, collections, armor tab, it should be possible to reclaim armor from there, which will be higher light for your character.

960 is the max light level now, then you have the seasonal artifact bonus levels which go higher, but takes forever to level beyond +20.

As someone that has not kept up on Destiny, why are they going to nuke the main campaign? I remember endless funneling into new purchased content back in Destiny 1. Is this more of that?

Apparently the game is too big… (127GiB installed)

Audio in total makes up 31GiB
Cinematics: 1.36GiB (seems too small so there’s probably bigger files elsewhere)
About 1.5GiB of Audio per language (that you will use 1 of) - fr, jp, de, sp, it, po, mx, ko, pt, ru, en (so 15GiB)

Mercury Files: 1GB (too big apparently) + 130MB Infinite Forest
Leviathan: 450Mb (too big apparently)
(probably has the 3D models ++ shared in another file so their total footprint is bigger, even though the game reuses most enemies on all the planets, and probably quite a few other assets)

So they are removing:

• Gambit Prime
  • The Reckoning
  • Escalation Protocol
  • Black Armory Forges
  • Zero Hour
  • The Whisper
  • Crucible Modes: Supremacy, Countdown, Lockdown, Breakthrough, Doubles, Momentum Control, Scorched
  • Nightfall
  • Niobe Labs
  • The Menagerie
  • Prophecy Dungeon
  • The Tribute Hall

And These Destinations:

• Mercury
  • Mars
  • Titan
  • Io
  • The Farm
  • The Leviathan

(https://www.pcgamer.com/heres-everything-being-removed-from-destiny-2-at-the-end-of-this-seasonits-a-lot/)

Those exotic weapon dungeons getting removed sucks for those who haven’t done them (and those who wish there was more there… one was great, the other good)

Bungie now officially admitted that the large install size is due to a shitty filesystem. So duplicate and even dead data, because they just didn’t give a shit:

They also admit other facts previously only known as rumors: compiling the game took them more than 24 hours, so when they have to test a build they basically have to wait a full day before testing can start. And so it takes a lot of time even to fix small bugs.

Also:

What are those quotes from?

While it’s unfortunate the game is shrinking it’s nice to hear of a large studio actually being considerate of their devs…

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49596

And they are probably not the only developer with a shit file system. (looking at install sizes and how big patches are…)

Didn’t the warez scene game rippers teach them anything…

If you give developers more hardware resources they will find a way to use it up and not all of the time in the most resourceful way.