Destiny 2 - I don't have time to explain Bungie's MMO shooter 2.0

Numskull is what happens after too many energy drinks and pop-tarts…

Launch trailer:

Launch trailer? That must mean it’s coming out soon. (I can’t watch the trailer at work, which probably has the answer).

October 24 on PC is what I saw on the trailer.

And September 6 on console

Apparently not getting a 4k update (at least for the xBox One x). At least not right out of the gates.

So… uh… is this good?

I bought a new gpu, a Nvidia 1080, and it has Destiny 2 code as part of a promotion. Time to learn what is Destiny about!

Make sure you let the rest of us know. Been hearing good things about this “Destiny.”

Good luck :) I guess that means you get into the “pre-launch” beta on the 29th or whenever it begins.
Coworker got a new Ti1080 two days before nvidia announced this, he was a bit annoyed.

Thought the beta on the 28th was open to everyone

Edit: after some digging, the 28th is “early access” with regular access on the 29th

The beta key redemption on Humble has a fucking stupid ass error message that’s not an error.
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/230197782

I got it a day before the promotion too, but complained a bit to their support, saying how I could return the product and then buy it again to be inside the valid period of time, and they conceded.

Well, what I got from some Youtube videos is that ttk is typical Bungie which is a bit slower than in CoD/BF/TitanFall. That’s good news for me, it’s one of the reason of why I prefer Paladins over Overwatch.

Got my beta code from Green Man and got it registered and all that. Any idea when we can download it?

from battle.net. doing it now. By “registered” you mean you got a battle.net code from bungie.net and have added that to your battle.net account? If so, there should be a big blue install button where it would normally say play in the launcher

Maybe I am alone in thinking this, but that trailer did nothing for me. :(

JackFrags pc impressions.

I preferred the earlier trailers because of the humor. But I also watched an hour or so of footage yesterday from the EDZ and the gameplay reminded me of Borderlands a great deal. I also like the spontaneous public events that can happen that keep things interesting. Seems like there will always be plenty to do.

Nice! I was super worried about the port.

Shame about the almost 2 month delay on the PC version. But positive signs of a decent port! Pretty sure I’ll grab this sometime between console reviews and PC launch.