Destiny 2 - I don't have time to explain Bungie's MMO shooter 2.0

Sweet, I preordered that too. Which is ridiculous, since I’ll be buying another copy to actually play it on the PS4, but if I don’t come to my senses between now and September, at least this way I’ll still have the cool physical swag of the collector’s edition. And if the PS4 collector’s edition becomes available somewhere, I can always just cancel this.

Yeah, I still haven’t made up my mind which I will actually play on, but getting CE for one of the 3 works.

No idea what you mean.

We should be getting a gameplay livestream today.

Destiny 2 on the PC will use Blizzard’s Battle.net. Just announced.

That is…I don’t even…what?

They’ll use Blizzard’s platform for matchmaking, clans, friends, etc. Just announced on the stream today.

EDIT: alternate source for the info.

Shots fired! Or something.

Blizzard holds the distinction as the only company whose online stuff I have used where my account has been hacked -despite passwords that should make this impossible - multiple times. Although none in the last two years. So I guess they’re getting better.

You gotta love corporate synergy!

Better than having to add another front-end (like Origin, Steam, Battle.net, etc.) to the list of junk I have to install to play games.

Did you use 2FA? Because they support it as well.

Oh, man. Imagine the bitching and moaning if Call of Duty starts using Blizzard’s network.

Seeing how little popular CoD is on Steam, I wouldn’t be surprised if this happened.

More info on Battle.net:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/news/?d=2017-5#181745

I wonder if my lack of hype is due to the fact that Destiny 1 never was on PC. :|

Destiny was worth buying a console for.

High praise! It struck me as an incredibly mediocre shooter in every way. Not terrible, but not enough to hold my interest past a few hours.

Yup. Never played it.

I thought Destiny was okay. Admittedly, I never played it post-revamp, so I might’ve missed out on a bunch of improvements, but I didn’t think it was terrific. Not enough to specifically buy a console for it anyway.

I really enjoyed destiny on the PS4, probably the best FPS I have played in the last 5 years.