Destiny 2 - I don't have time to explain Bungie's MMO shooter 2.0

I’m not sure what you’re doing to not get purples. I have like 200 legendary shards and I’m not even trying to get them, it just happens. I have so many that I infuse 1 pt upgrades because why not? I effectively have unlimited glimmer and shards.

I wasn’t doing anything different last night. I guess I just started getting lucky like the rest of you guys.

Yeah I mean some days are better than others but overall I’ve gotten crazy good legendary drops and even a few exotics.

Rare mods should be stripped entirely. They’re entirely useless, adding another annoying inventory to manage (and one you’ll actually pretty quickly get tight on vault space for). All they do is add another layer of RNG to Legendary mods. I’m guessing the mod system used to be even more complicated (not necessarily in a bad way, but likely) and there was a point at which rares made sense, but things got partially streamlined and they’re a weird artifact of that. Seems like the kind of thing that will be patched out entirely when they can get to it. Or possibly they have more complicated plans for mods down the line, and the system will actually be “unstreamlined” in a way where rares make sense, maybe it was part of a more complicated system they’re still working toward but couldn’t balance right for launch and this is a compromise until that can be rolled out. I think that’s less likely, but not impossible either.

Either way, rare mods are useless and frustrating in the system they shipped with.

There’s an adventure called Exodus Siege at the south end of the Exodus Black zone, which begins with you fighting a Fallen boss. You can just keep abandoning and restarting it to get that quest finished in minutes.

@Rock8man alternatively run the Lost Sector right near the spawn near Failsafe, jump to orbit, then rerun.

Very nice! I’ll try both of those out tonight. Thanks guys!

I had a really great game in the Crucible last night. I played about 7 rounds, 6 of them were just okay, but one was sooooo much fun. Both teams were really evenly matched. Both teams were working really well together. I loved the game type. It was the one where you don’t score until you pick up the token dropped by the enemy you killed. It was sooooo close all the way through. In the end it came down to two seconds. We fell behind in the last play where he got two points over us, but we got their whole team and collected three tokens at the end… but it was too late, because it was that short period of time they let you play after the buzzer has already gone off. So we lost, but my god, I love it when a multiplayer match is so evenly matched. It’s a completely different experience. I think that’s why we loved Halo 2 so much. They found an algorithm to almost always match us up against opponents like that. I wonder why no other game managed to get matchmaking so right again?

The D2 Matchmaking is a joke. Starting a match putting 3 randoms against 3 people in a firetam+Clan and 1 random, so not only are we 1 less player, we’re playing against organized opposition. Would’ve liked them to stick to a solo-queue only for Quick Play and only letting people fireteam in competitive mode.

Hardmode next week apparently, cleaned the raid twice now, and it felt like the Shotgun Exotic Strike was harder than the actual raid – even harder to get people to do it as well, since you have to travel to EDZ and drive to the strike location to start it, and if you fail, you get to do all of that all over again. Took about 30 minutes to find someone to join for it, then they left after the first wipe (because they didn’t fix their loadout beforehand) so eventually had to wait another 40 minutes for two clan members to join for it. — how’s’about a simple queue system Bungie?

Another week, another Nightfall attempt by me and @Don_Quixote. Last week we felt like we got a hair’s width away from finishing it. It always came down to the last seconds against the final boss. But we didn’t complete it.

This week we felt like we were never even close. It’s tough to remember where all the anomalies are, and even on runs where we found a lot of anomolies, we were still never close on the time.

I hope next week’s Nightfall is not this harsh. I wonder if this Nightfall achievement will be like a carrot, perpetually dangling in front of me, but always out of reach.

How much time did you have left when entering the boss room? We found we needed about 5 minutes for clearing it. If you had a lot less time than that, it really should be just a matter of finding the anomalies (I think there’s 30 total).

(Um, it wasn’t just you two, right?)

It was three of us. We never made it to the boss room. I’ve never done that strike, so I don’t know how close we were to the boss room. We were usually fighting the third one eyed monster in the strike when time ran out.

Heh, you don’t really want nightfall to be the first time doing a strike.

I’ve found that, while I still don’t like the timer based system, or group did in fact make consistent progress in terms of improving our performance every time, finally clearing it by the 4th attempt.

The fact that we got consistent improvement each time suggests that bungie did some decent balancing.

Is there a way to play all the strikes?

I’ve gone into the Vanguard Strikes about 10-12 times. It’s always either The Inverted Spire or The Pyramidion. Is there a way I can chose to play the other strikes, or is it just luck of the draw?

It’s just the (terrible) luck of the draw. I went a really long time without playing one particular strike too.

If you guys are on later tonight I’ll join you. Unfortunately that’s about the only time I have available.

If my 5-month old goes to bed on time (approx 9:30pm Central time, 7:30 Pacific), then I can possibly hop on after that. I don’t know if my friend will be available at that time or not, but we can see.

30 anomalies? Wow, I don’t think we even found 15. So finding all 30 vs finding 12 or so should give us an additional 9 minutes to finish the Strike.

I would do the nightfall later. Someone email me or send me a message on here or twitter

Some of them are quite well hidden. But just to check, did you did notice the “Anomaly Detected” status effect? It’ll trigger if anyone on the team is near an anomaly.

I’ve played the normal strike several times, and we still didn’t make it (though I don’t know exactly how far we are from the final room). I’m power level 290+, and was using weapons I thought worked pretty well (MIDA and Arc Urial, along with a solar sniper). The Momentum/Inertia mechanic was just brutal, and while we did notice the Anomaly Detected notice, we didn’t always find them.

I’d try again with y’all, but I’m out of town all weekend. I’m not feeling like I’m losing out. Last week was super fun with the torrential light mechanic, even if we didn’t succeed. Here’s to seeing what the come up with next week!

Thanks for helping with the final strike for the Sturm/Drang quest, though!

I don’t think I knew you had a 5-month-old, congratulations! Yes, that will definitely throw a monkey wrench into any plans. Though I do distinctly remember playing a game at two or three in the morning while my son and, later, my daughter slept on my chest.

finds a way