Destiny 2 - I don't have time to explain Bungie's MMO shooter 2.0

I did get my money’s worth out of Destiny 2, as I got it on sale, and I enjoyed the run through on each of the classes. But, yeah, if ever there was a poster child for underachievement, this is it.

Especially when Fortnite is running around showing off what can be done for an online action game. Shit like the meteor crashing into tilted towers or having to search between certain landmarks is absolutely huge in terms of attention, and they’re doing that stuff on a weekly basis. Little wonder why the game is making obscene amounts of money.

Wow… so users are posting on Reddit that the final DLC is more than half comprised of reused/modified campaign content.

So is someone working on a “What the hell went wrong with Bungie?”-style expose?

I think it’s just that they don’t really give a fuck about Destiny.

I mean, the first one was cool… and they supported it for years. But now it’s like, “Meh. Mail it in.”

I assume they’re working on some other project that they actually care about.

Yeah, I’m playing the new DLC mostly because I already paid for it (oops). It’s OK, but nothing worth bothering with unless you just want to try to get some use out of something you already bought.

Honestly I think Destiny just wore out it’s welcome with me. I loved the first game, but sometime after Taken King I lost interest. I’d hoped Destiny 2 might rekindle that, but it hasn’t.

Destiny 2 was Destiny 1, but with a bunch of the unnecessary fun removed.

So, D2 is the early reveal for the next Humble Monthly Bundle, and I assume it comes with no expansions. I’m seeing a lot of negativity in this thread, but still feel compelled to ask: is it worth the $12?

For context, I didn’t play D1. I played the hell out of Warframe though, and have zero interest in PvP. Just going from what I’ve read online, it’s tough for me to gauge how PvP-centric this game is.

I would pay $12 for Destiny 2 in a hot minute. You will have a week or two of jolly good fun (unless it just bounces off you completely).

I paid $90, that was less worth it by a fair margin.

I paid $36 at launch, and I feel like I got my money’s worth. Just finish the main campaign and don’t worry about the DLC.

I fear I am destined to avoid this and future DLC. Got my on-sale money’s worth and got roped into buying Osiris, but no more.

Yeah, walk away. There is nothing in the new DLC to make it worth it if you haven’t already paid for it. It’s fun, but just more of the same and will be stale by next week I’m sure.

You can easily avoid any PvP, which is recommended, since it’s a huge step back from Bungie’s Halo games in that regard.

They balanced Destiny 2 around PvP, which made the single player bad and boring, and the PvP is still bad and boring.

Bungie be all like Lucy with the football.

$40 for the expansion. $60 for the expansion + annual pass.

I got Destiny 2 in the last Humble Monthly, and was engaged enough to grab the expansion pass and play through the single player content and do some junk. I felt I got my money’s worth of fun.

Forsaken better be something special with a big single player campaign at that price because right now I don’t see myself every buying it.

Didn’t we already learn that Bungie is already moving on to the next, non-destiny franchise?

Seems like they’re just gonna milk what they can out of D2 at this point.

This seasons faction rally is a big departure from previous.

Everything you do in open world give you renown which immediately disables your health regen and increases dmg from mobs/decrease your own (feels like it anyway…). Once you’ve attained 5 renown you go into a lost sector, fight the mobs (takes much longer now that you do not have health regen etc…) and at the end you get a chest with 10 tokens in it (at 5 renown).

A heroic public event gives 4-6ish tokens.

A crucible loss gives 2, suspect a win gives 5.

There was a quest to do a lost sector at renown 5 which grants an extra 15, this quest is account wide.
There was another to do a lost sector at renown 3, which granted 9 extra, this was also account.

• might be possible to do it each day.

Nightfall Prestige gave 16 tokens, Normal strike gave 6-8-ish.

You need a total of 1000 tokens to hit rank 50.

Previous rallies, you could pledge to all 3 factions if you had 3 characters, this time you only pledge to one for the account.

Previous rallies, if you unlocked the ornament for Dead Orbit, it would also unlock for the other two factions, because they had the same requirements. This time, not only do you need to be pledged to each faction to unlock them, the unlock requirements are also different for each character.

Gambit mode sounds kind of cool:

Gambit is a 4v4 hybrid mode that merges PvE and PvP experiences into an epic battle. It’s a new way to play Destiny 2, offering something for all players to enjoy, appealing to those who thrive on the competition and unpredictable elements of PvP gameplay, while seamlessly blending the collaborative and cooperative elements of PvE. In addition, the franchise will debut hands-on with three of the brand-new Supers,

Think I’m done with faction rally for this week, rank 57 and got a full set on all classes (took like 25 packages to get it on the Titan, about 14 of which were for the last missing item… “Good thing” the packages also pick ‘normal gear’ from the loot table, because it would’ve been to easy if it only contained the “faction” gear…). One thing that is pretty obvious is that Bungie has no sense of ‘balance’ between the requirements for unlocking Ornaments on gear.

My Hunter needed several multi-kills with a “super” to unlock the chest armor, which is easy enough. My Warlock however needs to several HVTs to unlock the same chest armor, for the same faction (Previously, one unlock would work for all characters for the same faction). Several days later, i’m still only at 20-something % for this unlock because HVTs are either killed before I get there, or they’re not spawning where I am… GG.