Destiny 2 players on PC need to get packing and prepare to move

Title Destiny 2 players on PC need to get packing and prepare to move
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When August 8, 2019

Bungie has released more details of Destiny 2's planned move from Activision Blizzard's Battle.net service to Steam. Beginning August 20th, PC players will need to go to this site and follow the instructions to migrate their accounts..

Read the full article

I wonder how bungie felt about Activision giving away all of those destiny 2 keys a while back.

They are going ftp in September as I recall.

Correction:
“Destiny 2 [will] not be available on Battle.net

Dat sweet 165gb install size on Steam.

I’m curious to know how many characters end up getting wiped at the end of September. I know a couple of Destiny players that don’t check in that often on gaming news in general or Destiny in specific until there’s a new expansion out. That makes me feel like a number of casual gamers are going to be in for an unpleasant surprise when they go to check out Shadowkeep some time early October.

Wow, thanks for specifically pointing this out @Telefrog:

Players can designate an active account to play on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, or Google Stadia as they wish. Play for a few minutes in the morning on PC as you wait for your oatmeal to cook, hit up the break room Xbox One at work during lunch,

I had not been paying attention that closely and I cannot wait for cross-saves. Microsoft 1st party titles have spoiled me and I wish it was industry standard (or a strong convention). I am so much more willing to spend time with a game if I can play on both PC and Xbox and carry my saves/progress over.