Detective Pikachu - Deadpool says pika!

I sent this monstrosity to a group of nerdy adult friends as an obvious early April Fools joke. They are all so excited and I’m sitting over here like
Capture

It’s the adorable nostalgia tour de force we didn’t even know we wanted!

He’s been honing his craft Tom. This will be his masterpiece.

Also pika pika

I don’t like Ryan Reynolds. All his humor is about WASP-ish First-World stuff. (Though he is/was Catholic.) No thanks.

What does that mean?

That’s just how his humor comes across to me.

Sure, but was is WASP-ish First World Stuff mean? I’m just not sure what counts at that and what doesn’t?

Like, would it be better if he made fun of people in Cuba about being catholic?

LOL, no! I typed that wrong. What I meant is that he comes across as a privileged douche who’s slumming it in order to shock people.

This is pretty great:

Trailer’s up!

Harry faked his own death OR someone faked Harry’s death.

This is going to be the best movie of 2019.

From Ryan Reynolds’ Twitter:

I had ignored this thread, on account of there being Pikachu in the title. But when this trailer played before Avengers: Endgame, the theater full of people were all kind of stunned, and laughing at the same time. I was one of them. I can’t believe this is a thing. The trailer before Endgame convinced me that I WILL watch this someday for sure, so I’m avoiding further trailers.

I’ve got the perfect mystery for that detective:

Haha I love that clip. Love me some Key and Peele generally; I’m halfway through my second watch through of the whole show from beginning to end right now.

I am still on board with this being the best movie of 2019. Based on how I feel watching the trailer.

This is amazing. I couldn’t care less about Pokemon, and I have to watch this movie.

I think the guy[quote=“AWS260, post:54, topic:138601, full:true”]
I’ve got the perfect mystery for that detective:

[/quote]

That’s Ron Howard’s brother Clint (trying to converse with Keegan) over the cue cards.

Kermode: suprisingly positive. I’ve gone from no interest whatsoever to will probably see it when it hits one of the cut-rate cable channels.

Just got back with the kids. They did a really good job of presenting a world that is just like real life but Pokemon are around and it’s completely normal. The story was interesting enough, even if it was full of tropes and the twists are easy to see coming. It was funny. My kids had an absolute blast.

Good enough for me!