Devil May Cry 5

I think Vergil is in his arm or the sword is in his arm or something. Honestly, I don’t really keep track of the story.

I do believe it was confirmed in some art book that Vergil is Nero’s dad.

Also Nero mentioned Kyrie in the trailer. She is the damsel in distress in DMC 4.

More gameplay. It looks a lot like DMC 4 plus new robo-arm attacks. There are some other little tidbits in there, like Hell Prides from DMC 3 and the slowdown when you kill the last enemy from DmC.

January 22 then!

This could be a serious issue if they’ve sacrificed the claim to fame of the series, which is animation cancelling.

The playable demo at Gamescom in August will be pretty important to find out what’s really going on.

I’m guessing they are fully dettaching animations from logic, keeping the cancelling and hitbox timing, but hiding the seams through blending and transitional animations. Something like that would be hell to get right but could feasibly work. Otherwise they would indeed be sacrificing response and cancel timings, and it won’t feel so Devil May Cry.

But we’ll see. It is definitely a weird AAA issue that feels could have been irrelevant for the players had they just kept the skipping.

Yeah good call. That seemed to be the community’s assumption almost immediately, and now clarifications are coming out.

I actually kind of like the “choppy” look to aggressive animation cancelling. It’s a satisfying visual effect to me, though I’ll defer to them about whether it looks weird when combined with photorealistic graphics.

On the livestream of the podcast they showed a simplified control scheme for the Gamescom demo.

Untitled

It’s the same basic layout as DMC4 with all the goodies either hidden or disabled.

Information overload. I have to go to work!

Does this manual confirm a downloadable demo?

A bunch of moves: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJxv9RS8Px1KvdKS9EdjUPIccdfzQ7eU_

I like how the consumable devil arm system adds an additional strategic consideration to combat, but who or what is scattering robots arms all over the world for Nero to pick up? There has to be a less contrived way to acquire arms.

Seems likely. DMC 4 and DMC both received one before release, as did Monster Hunter: World.

Holy cow.

Also, release date is March 8th. That’s a Friday so maybe that’s a Euro release date only.

Don’t care!

Spoilers everywhere, though I don’t really mind for this game.

The third character has been revealed. Kind of dumb looking. He looks exactly like Kylo Ren.

Pretty lit.

Dorky Capcom DLC cash grab at the end there.

The store lists 2-3 players for multiplayer. Three player co-op with the three main characters?

In other news, the deathcore musical theme for Dante went over like a lead balloon, and then news broke that the band had some past sexual assault allegation – society’s ace in the hole for everything that sucks, apparently! Capcom took the music video down. Not sure what’s going on.

Paging @TimJames, Xbox Portugal jumped the gun and released the Game Awards trailer early. The big takeaway is that a demo will be released tomorrow on Xbox One!

Just saw on twitter. I don’t own an Xbone but I have access to one. Hell yeah.

All the leaked trailers were taken down and I don’t want to watch it in shitty quality, so I’ll just wait.

Bloody Palace mode will be free DLC about a month after release.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/12/06/devil-may-cry-5-an-important-update-on-dantes-theme-song-subhuman

The replaced the vocal track due to the singer’s misconduct mentioned above. Probably still deathcore, which I don’t mind (if it’s good).

Today I learned that YouTube does 2160p60.

I have no idea what’s going on with the third character, V. Some sort of animal summoning.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devil_may_cry/blog/2018/12/06/the-game-awards-extended-devil-may-cry-5-trailer-featuring-v-cameo-system-and-more

Tried the demo on Xbox. It’s the Nero demo they had at the conventions. It’s a bit boring with only a few fights against basic enemies that die quickly, plus a boss fight that’s a little more interesting. They disabled the ability to jump off enemies so there’s no fancy jump cancelling to explore.

It’s very similar mechanically to DMC4 in terms of the inputs and what I’m doing. I started getting into it after a few runs through the 10 minute demo. I decided to quit there and experience the game fresh.

The framerate drops occasionally on a standard Xbox One. Apparently there will be a PS4 demo soon, but no PC demos, probably to prevent data mining.