Devil May Cry 5

Yes. All of that. It’s just the god damn best game.

And finished it. Yes, the ending was perfect. This game is AWESOME. I can’t wait to play through the whole thing again and again and again. ;)

You mentioned above that Nero was so simple and just an appetizer for Dante. It was really hard to keep my mouth shut. Haha!

Well, he does have less options. Of course, he has plenty of nuance, especially with the late-game additions. And “simpler” doesn’t mean “worse”. Just “different”.

A couple more things for those who've finished it

Vergil is somewhat playable in-game with PC hacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ryi7Y-hmGI

He still has some glitches so I don’t think he’s going to drop in April or anything. Polishing takes a while. Might be DLC later this year after they take a well-earned vacation.

One of my favorite missions in the game is mission 13 with the 3-player co-op in the huge room. But it’s basically a single room with multiplayer, so it felt like a missed opportunity. Let’s hope for multiplayer in Bloody Palace.

Oh man, some dlc would be great.

You think they’re going to add more story content with Dante and Virgil fighting their way out and maybe Nero doing his own thing to help them from outside? Maybe Lady or Trish playable again? Or you think they’re gonna save that stuff for DMC6 and just do a multiplayer horde mode or something?

Well, they did leave all those options open, so who knows. ;)

They almost certainly won’t do the first one. I doubt they’d do that in a sequel either – even though I’d love it. That’s one of those “outside the boundaries” stories that are usually left to the imagination in most media. I’m sure TV Tropes has a term for this.

Multiplayer Bloody Palace is the most reliable rumor right now. I hope sales are good enough to get them to put more DLC out there after they take a vacation. Capcom does expansions sometimes so we can hope for that too.

I don’t think @tomchick ever found out last night on his stream what auto mode is.

In other news:

That means 9 days to enjoy Sekiro before it’s back to DMC 5 for the summer!

Bloody Palace data mining news

Multiplayer is nearly confirmed. Lots of text describing an online mode.

Looks like we can stop BP and resume later so we don’t have to do the whole thing in 2 hours like before. There’s also a “warm up” stage.

There’s still a timer, which is annoying.

I did not! Do tell. Someone probably explained it to me in chat, but I missed it because I was busy futzing around with my various robot arms.

-Tom

It does cool combos for you automatically by just pressing the attack button. It’s designed to show you what’s possible, to encourage you to learn them. If you do a command move (like lock-on forward Y) it won’t override it. That way you slowly build up your repertoire.

It doesn’t dodge for you either. You seemed to be doing that pretty well!

How to be a badass as V: https://streamable.com/83mjd (mission 14 spoilers)

FYI if you press the pause button during multiplayer, you’ll be disconnected. Resist the urge!

You’ll know if you’re in multiplayer if you see the little diamond icon next to their name. If it’s not there, like on some of the split levels, then I think it’s ghost data. And just for the record if any lurkers are reading this, The DMC Crew is ghost data for when you can’t connect to Capcom’s network.

Wow, I never knew you could parry with V’s cane! Gotta experiment with that later.

On the subject of badasses, here’s a cool Dante combo in training mode. Some minor spoilers as far as weapons Dante picks up through the game but that’s all.

And here’s Dante’s level of badass.

Stole this one from reddit. Most of what’s posted to reddit is “cursed” model swaps, as the kids would say. Here’s a fun one though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg71MHke4sw

Huh. I barely use Royal Guard. I should use it more.

2 million in sales. Not bad. It had higher peak players than RE2, but I highly suspected it wouldn’t hit the same sales numbers (3 million in 3 days).

Comparison sales numbers are in the 2018 Capcom report, except for DmC which seems to be a secret. DMC 4 sold 3 million total (which likely includes the recent special edition based on other sources).

The new Bloody Palace update is out and there’s no co-op mode. That’s really disappointing.

Oh well, time to play the heck out of it.

Do Gaming Awards matter? Just wondering.

[EDIT] I mean Game Awards. Whatever.

No but hey good for Capcom.