Devloper Qt3ers needed for GFW Mag Story

I was so excited for a second because I was all like “I’M A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER!” and then you had to go an ruin it by only wanting to talk to game developers.

sniff

Thanks for nothing Robert!

It was worth it… completely.

Aww man, I feel like I really missed out on something… special.

Too special for me.

I bet Tom put him in a big sack and hit him against the wall.

Oh no. Unwashed masses will come…uh…en masse!

Then they played Eye Toy.

Tom has a big sack?! TMI!

Obviously Tom didn’t notice I am really a spam bot. He should just screen with a random trivia question like, “Is Churchill a fictional character?”

Don’t forget the crazy hours that come with the “glory” of being a game developer. I think I ran the figures for this week and if I was getting paid hourly with OT at 1.5 pay I’d be making just over $10/hr, woo.

I instantly understood what you were talking about. I scour these forums too often. I’m scared.

There are a lot of Austin devs who hang out at Game Illuminati, and lots of British devs who hang out at The Chaos Engine.

Thanks for all the responses folks. And actually, I am interested in the private forum community aspect as well. I might give the Savage 2 guys a try.

I promise this story won’t entice a wave of subhumans to invade the well-kept geekosphere of Qt3.

What about superhumans? Because they’re hard to keep out.

Troy

I can’t make any promises, but GFW agreed to buy Tom several grams of Kryptonite.

Actually he held me down in bed, while he beat me relentlessly with a pillowcase full of doorknobs.

Also, robert, you could say that the forum is closed to new membership :)

Hi Robert,

I’ve sent you some email addresses via pm.

Thanks!
Annette

One thing you ought to look into as background for the article was when J. Michael Straczynski began communicating with fans during the production of Babylon 5 over AOL, Compuserve and Usenet (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5). I think it was really the first time anything like that had ever occurred, where there was such an active and immediate back-and-forth between the creator of a mass market work and its fans during the production of the work. I think JMS even added an in-joke into one of the episodes referencing some of the memes from those threads.

Oddly enough the first site hands you a certificate on connection that you can’t authenticate.